Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The steady one  (Read 1735 times)

armand

• Photos
The steady one
« on: March 26, 2011, 08:07:09 pm »

from my Everglades/Tampa shots.

PS. Just in case there will be questions I didn't touch the color (no vibrance or saturation)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:30:54 pm by armand »

popnfresh

Re: The steady one
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 10:26:13 pm »

It's kind of eerie. I like it.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 01:39:06 pm »

from my Everglades/Tampa shots.

PS. Just in case there will be questions I didn't touch the color (no vibrance or saturation)
I like it, too.

Jeremy

PS: I really wish you'd get rid of the animation you use for an avatar. I do appreciate the reference to Sisyphus but I find the movement very distracting.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 02:40:02 pm »

PS: I really wish you'd get rid of the animation you use for an avatar. I do appreciate the reference to Sisyphus but I find the movement very distracting.

Happy now?  ;D  I'm usually far less amenable to critique (especially as I'm using this avatar on a different forum for 8 years) but I realize that this is a photography forum and it can be distracting.

I have few other versions of this shot, as initially I was aiming for ghosts only on the beach, but this appeals to me more than the others. Here is an example of the other versions.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 05:55:19 pm »

Happy now?  ;D  I'm usually far less amenable to critique (especially as I'm using this avatar on a different forum for 8 years) but I realize that this is a photography forum and it can be distracting.

I have few other versions of this shot, as initially I was aiming for ghosts only on the beach, but this appeals to me more than the others. Here is an example of the other versions.
Thank you, Sir!

I prefer the first one. The problem with making the ghosts too faint is that they look messy rather than intentional.

Jeremy

armand

• Photos
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 07:37:07 pm »

Yes, I also prefer the first one. As I said although I was looking for the second version the camera display was good enough to convince me otherwise, so I started to hunt for groups that were taking their time on the beach and not just walking. Most of them had a photographer in the group that was moving the least, as in the first shot that I posted.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 10:49:04 am »

I like the first one. It’s one of the few shots here recently that shows some imagination as part of the composition. The colors are great, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up