Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad ELM+Phase One H20 in humid conditions?  (Read 1826 times)

marcman

Hasselblad ELM+Phase One H20 in humid conditions?
« on: March 23, 2011, 03:48:20 pm »

Hey guys,
I'm shooting in my studio( which is in my garage) with my new to me Hassy/P1 H20 combo for the first time. I've used the studio a few times over the winter with my DSLR with no worries( weather sealing etc), but due to the recent weather it has been very humid in there (75% humidity in there right now). Should I worry/ buy a dehumidifier, or will the gear be ok for a couple hours of shooting in that environment?

Cheers guys,
MD

colinm

Re: Hasselblad ELM+Phase One H20 in humid conditions?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 09:00:51 pm »

I have no idea what Hasselblad specs for the ELM (any mention is absent from the manual), but Phase One lists the H20 operating range as 15–80% relative humidity, non-condensing.

I'd use a dehumidifier personally just because I can't stand it that humid, but it looks to be within spec for the back.
Colin

donaldt

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 11:32:24 pm »

I personally dont think there will be a problem problem operating them at high humidity
but its not a good idea to store them at high humidity

there is fungus and all those ugly stuff that can develop
also not ideal for mechanical shutter I believe

ondebanks

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 12:13:53 pm »

75% relative humidity is nothing where I live - over 80% is typical - but I also live in a cool country, so the absolute humidity is quite low and everyone feels perfectly comfortable.
80% RH in a hot climate is a very different story - yeuch!

What I would worry about is whether your garage-studio temperature dips below the dew-point at night? - then you've got big condensation problems. You should be alright if you keep your gear in a sealed, semi insulating case, with plenty of dessicant.

Ray

marcman

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 11:04:53 am »

Hey guys. Thanks for the responses, it's actually still winter where I am so quite cool. As I heated the space up the humidity dropped to around 57%. I do not leave any electronic gear in the garage( ie camera, computer, lights), just some stands and modifiers( no fabric modifiers). Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up