Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SmibsTv  (Read 7856 times)

Patricia Sheley

SmibsTv
« on: March 22, 2011, 05:31:34 pm »

What a pleasure to sit in on the conversation between Michael and Peter and to finally have a face for Chris S. Love the proposed thoughts on future connectivity...Looking forward to seeing your shooting on the trip back North as you transition from street to landscape...wish it were warm enough to tip a margherita with you...thank you for a very enjoyable hour...Peter is definitely a small treasure when we need a break to enjoy all things photographic...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 05:49:06 pm by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

fredjeang

Re: SmibsTv
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 06:15:50 pm »

Yes, very happy too about those news.
I mean, the Luminous Landscape has been giving me so much since I joined it that I can only wish the team the best luck on whatever they are doing, it's going to be for our benefit also.
Also, it's good to see MR taking a growing path in the middle of the sort of ww morosity where everybody seems to freeze initiatives. That's the good way.
I was also very pleased to see the Alpa animated gif. This is so refreshing to see that advertising is also for these kind of brands.
I'm not sure we measure the real impact of that: it means that we might see other things than plastic CaNikons in the future, we will all benefit from what this little add is showing and hope more specialized brands will make that step.

edit: for example, clicking in the add I saw the I.phone Alpa viewfinder that I ignored and very interested in (despite a Mark's article mentionned it in this website)

I think it will also be very good if more brands are joining the forum as MR mentionned, like we already have with Hasselblad and Phase. That should be very usefull. Of course, they are vendors and they want to sell, fair enough. But we are not kids and we are big enough to use our common sense and free-will but the good thing is that any info, tech questions are answered by the representatives, specially when new products are released.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:35:23 pm by fredjeang »

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 06:49:45 pm »

Sorry to say I missed it... Ive been layed up with a nasty cold for the last few days.... Is it available on Demand?
Wild Nature Photo Travel

michael

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:48:16 pm »

I should be available on replay or on-demand now, or shortly.

Michael

peterurban

• Be kind.
    • Peter Urban's little place on the web
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 07:40:47 pm »

Hi, thanks for viewing Smibs.tv and the great feedback on the episode with Michael. The episode is now up for downloading from our archive  http://smibs.tv/fine-art-photography-weekly/luminous-landscape

Of course you can also watch the episode on-demand on LuLa here http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/smibstv.shtml

And finally you can get it via iTunes (simply search for Fine Art Photography Weekly).

I look forward to hear more of what LuLa readers would like to see on our shows.

Peter
Peter Urban
Courteous Explorer | Photographer | Dog Lover - Passionate about nature, people, technology and design.

IcelandAurora

• Driven by a passion for Landscape Photography
    • Iceland Aurora photo tours
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 11:56:36 am »

Hi Peter,
I would love to see a show recorded in Iceland.  Any plans for this year?

Tony Prower
Driven by a passion for landscape photography and Iceland
http://icelandaurora.com/tours/

Graham Welland

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 02:18:09 am »

So what happened to Smibs.tv and the various podcasts/broadcasts? Wasn't there supposed to be a tie up between LuLa and smibs.tv? Everything seemed to stop abruptly a few months ago.

Anyone know what happened?
Graham

michael

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 10:19:32 am »

Frankly, not sure. They seem to have stopped (or at least reduced) production.

I'll let people know when I find out.

Michael

jcruzfoto

• Jeff Cruz Fine Art Photography
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 10:39:20 am »

Hi Michael, any word on what happened?  The smibs.tv website hasn't been updated for quite some time.

Thanks,
Jeff

peterurban

• Be kind.
    • Peter Urban's little place on the web
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 09:19:18 pm »

Hi, sorry for the long silence. Somehow I missed this thread.

We are working on a new photography related project that will be announced soon. Smibs.tv, Fine Art Photography Weekly and Photo Espresso are retired projects now.
Peter Urban
Courteous Explorer | Photographer | Dog Lover - Passionate about nature, people, technology and design.

jcruzfoto

• Jeff Cruz Fine Art Photography
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 09:23:52 pm »

Thanks Peter!  I really loved watching the episodes.  I even re-watch my favourite ones.. haha.  My goal one day was to be on the show.  Anyways, looking forward to experiencing the new projects.  If I can be a part of it in any way let me know!

Jeff

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 02:13:40 pm »

Hi, sorry for the long silence. Somehow I missed this thread.

We are working on a new photography related project that will be announced soon. Smibs.tv, Fine Art Photography Weekly and Photo Espresso are retired projects now.

Hi Peter,

I really miss your show, it was just sooo good!

I read somewhere, some time ago, that someone in your immediate family had been taken very ill and if so, please allow me to pass on my sincerest regards for the future and hope that everything has now returned to normal for you and your family.

I very much appreciate your work and look forward to whatever you decide to do with the new project.

Kind regards

Dave Hickey (UK)
Pages: [1]   Go Up