Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tacked on  (Read 1344 times)

Bruce Cox

• flickr
tacked on
« on: March 22, 2011, 02:41:31 pm »

My work seems to always be in transition.  The semitransparent painted reliefs vary greatly with the light and I continue to rebuild them.  So I thought I would double back; hoping it would somehow add up.

Bruce
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:10:06 pm by Bruce Cox »

popnfresh

Re: tacked on
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 03:59:45 pm »

I'm a little confused. Are you looking for comments on the photograph itself or the subject?

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 01:20:03 pm »

Sorry, my mistake, I thought this was on hold and not posted yet.  I am looking for comments on the photograph, but not that one, please see attached.  Though, if you think I should point the camera somewhere else that's relevant. 

Bruce

Randy Carone

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 03:45:55 pm »

In this case, I think the original color shot you posted is the way to go since your work is colorful. I don't get the ladder, etc. If you are attempting to show us the piece of art, a more isolated shot with proper lighting would help the evaluation. Of course, I may have missed the point here. Wouldn't be the first time.  :)
Randy Carone

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:05:30 pm »

In this case, I think the original color shot you posted is the way to go since your work is colorful. I don't get the ladder, etc. If you are attempting to show us the piece of art, a more isolated shot with proper lighting would help the evaluation. Of course, I may have missed the point here. Wouldn't be the first time.  :)

Color would tell more about the subjects, although I feel B&W helps with the integration of the layered figure.  In this color photo, I have trouble with the yellow hanging figure behind the ladder not receding as I would prefer.  The over layered rearrangement of the panels was an isolated shot, if not a properly lit one.  A point, if not, "the" point, is trying to get the isolated shot to relate to a broader scene.  The ladder was there and I thought it helped define space and I like ladders and can find them meaningful literally as well as symbolically [though that may just be me].  

Bruce
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:08:01 pm by Bruce Cox »
Pages: [1]   Go Up