Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twilightscape - Fort under the SuperMoon™  (Read 3514 times)

Twilightscapes

Twilightscape - Fort under the SuperMoon™
« on: March 20, 2011, 05:32:23 pm »

Moving on... sorry to waste your time.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 10:43:36 am by Twilightscapes »

Twilightscapes

Re: Twilightscape - Fort under the SuperMoon™
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 03:24:05 pm »

Wow, I guess there's nobody posting here? Either that or my stuff just sucks and nobody wants to comment, eh? Ah well, I thought this forum might be a decent place to chat about this kind of photography, but I guess I need to shoot waterfalls or something because nobody seems to like this kind of stuff.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 03:29:32 pm by Twilightscapes »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 05:16:02 pm »

If you want to invite comments on images, you might be better off posting in the User Critiques section.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Twilightscapes

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 05:42:13 pm »

Ah, I thought that's what this was.... ok.

Thanks Eric.

ran

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 06:08:22 pm »

Number one is my favorite ,it reminds me of an out house I used to have [a few years back].
ran

Semillon

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 09:04:04 pm »

Some honest feedback? I would be much more likely to comment were it not for the gratuitous self promotion at the start of the post and huge water marks on the images. Though given that I am but a newbie, the feedback may not be overly useful anyhow :)

Twilightscapes

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 09:38:25 pm »

Some honest feedback? I would be much more likely to comment were it not for the gratuitous self promotion at the start of the post and huge water marks on the images. Though given that I am but a newbie, the feedback may not be overly useful anyhow :)

Thank you!  8)

I understand your points.

My watermark is there for a reason and that's not going to change simply because I'm posting it on a forum. I a firm believer in marketing (it's what I do for a living) and so I don't allow anything of mine to go out to the world, without my branding included on it.

The link wasn't meant that way, honestly. I posted the link to the site, because there were several other images that I have in this set, but they didn't seem appropriate in a landscape forum, so I linked it in case anyone was curious about the rest of the set or more info about the shoot(I've gotten lots of questions about the photo's location on other sites). I do see how that can be a bit spammy, though, so a fair point.

As for your opinion not being useful, I don't know about that. I think all opinions are useful and I always like hearing what others have to say, whether I agree or not. If I just wanted to hear myself, I wouldn't go to sites like this, I'd just sit and comment on my own posts and tell myself how bitchin I am!  ;D

Anyways, thanks for posting.

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 03:36:02 am »

I also got the impression that your posts (all of them in general, not this one in particular) where more promotional than anything else (a wrong first impression, perhaps); then I read your "complaint with a touch of irony" (again, perhaps a wrong interpretation) and decided I have had enough.

Now, this is probably just my fault, and I am misinterpreting your intentions.

Twilightscapes

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 10:43:04 am »

Okay, fair enough. I was simply posting some of my recent work, same as anyone else here. I guess I just don't fit here, so I'll go post somewhere else. Thanks for the heads-up.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 10:48:25 am by Twilightscapes »

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 03:57:20 pm »

(snip)...I guess I just don't fit here, so I'll go post somewhere else. Thanks for the heads-up.

Well, I am of the humble opinion that, by doing the above, and not following Eric's sound advice by posting in the critique section, where your images are open for scrutiny and more importantly perhaps, discussion- you are doing yourself a great disservice.

But it's your choice. There are plenty of sites where you wil get the "wow" comments that you seem to need/ demand, for rather ( in my once again, humble opinion) mundane compositions that rely on "moving clouds" to complete a photo.

Maybe, as a tip, on the next site you post, try not to make the viewers feel guilty, as you tried here, for not commenting on your work. It, more often than not, does not have the desired effect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up