Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200 - 6 month old expired Red ink  (Read 2133 times)

MrIconoclast

HP Z3200 - 6 month old expired Red ink
« on: March 20, 2011, 02:00:20 pm »

Greetings,

I recently found a red ink cartridge for my 24 inch HP Z3200.  It is 6 months past the expiration date on the cartridge.

Can I safely use this ink cartridge in my printer.  I am not so much concerned with image problems (I can always put another cartridge in and reprint), but I am concerned that the old ink might damage my printer in some way. Is that possible?  I have heard that the expiration date is like a pull date on milk cartons.  It must be sold by that date, but can remain fresh for a while after that.

Does anybody have experience putting an expired ink cartridge in the Z3200?  How long was it expired?

I hate wasting a brand new ink cartridge, but I would rather toss it than damage my printer.

Thanks.

sm906

• thomas hintze fotografie
Re: HP Z3200 - 6 month old expired Red ink
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 02:44:03 pm »

Can I safely use this ink cartridge in my printer. 

As far as safety and HP guarantee  issues are concerned I can not give you any advice or safe feedback. As far as my experience is concerned there is nothing to worry about with a cartridge that is six months overdue, as long as it is still in its original package and has been stored under normal conditions. With my (refurbished) HP I received a full set of cartridges. Some of them were more than one year out of warranty. Meanwhile they are all in the printer, and none of them made any kind of problems, either with head clogs or print quality.
I do not really know whether it is helping much, but what I do (because of these still in use older cartridges) is taking them out of the printer and make a "shaking session" - when an out-of-ink-cartridge has to be replaced -  to ensure that the pigments are not settling down, just an idea...

Thomas 
nature-architecture-panorama-fineart
Web hintze-photo.com | YT youtube.com/c/rawakademie
Pages: [1]   Go Up