Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export to Helicon Focus Plug-In  (Read 6479 times)

JimAscher

• Jim Ascher Photos
Export to Helicon Focus Plug-In
« on: March 18, 2011, 06:28:40 pm »

I've downloaded a trial version of Helicon focus-stacking software, which comes with an "Export to Lightroom" plug-in.  I believe it is not entirely dissimilar in operation to the LR's editing in Photoshop option.  Any photo captures you wish to transfer from LR to Helicon for modification, you go into the File menu and click on "Export to Helicon Focus."  But one (possibly key) difference I notice between the Photoshop and Helicon options is that after modifying a photo in Photoshop you click Save and the PS modified photo is returned to its initial Library location in the LR catalog (folder).  However, with Helicon, when you click Save after the modification, the photo is apparently NOT returned to its initial LR Library location. You then have to save it elsewhere and Import it back into LR.  Is this something that any other Helicon user has encountered and contrived a work-around for?     
Jim Ascher

See my SmugMug site:
http://jimascherphotos.smugmug.com/

eliedinur

Re: Export to Helicon Focus Plug-In
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 04:15:43 am »

Are you saying that you have no control over where it is saved? If you can control it (for instance with a "Save As" option) just select the original folder and then in LR synchronize the folder.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 05:08:52 am »

It's happening because it is an export plug-in, so it is entirely dissimilar in operation to the LR's editing in Photoshop which automates Photoshop directly from Lightroom.

Have you tried ticking the Add to this Catalog box in the Export dialog?

John

JimAscher

• Jim Ascher Photos
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 09:04:53 am »

Hey guys:  Many thanks.  As it turned out the Save As and Synchronize steps did the trick.

John:  I couldn't find the "Add to this Catalog box in the Export dialog."  Maybe I didn't either know where to look or at what stage in the Helicon/LR save function it would appear or become accessible.  But no matter now, as I've got it working reasonably.
Jim Ascher

See my SmugMug site:
http://jimascherphotos.smugmug.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up