Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with lightroom and Epson 3880  (Read 2480 times)

Chuckaug

Problem with lightroom and Epson 3880
« on: March 18, 2011, 08:40:23 am »

I have been having problems printing from lightroom to my epson 3880.  In the past my prints have been great.  Recently when I print from lightroom all that is printed is a small (.75x1.0 inch) section of the image and it is always printed in the very corner of the paper.  The same file prints normally when I use photoshop.

The problem started recently.  The only recent change is that I loaded the Nik complete software collection of plugins.

I have removed all the Nik software and reinstalled the epson driver but the problem persists.

My system- Mac pro xeon 2.6 gh, os 10.6.6, lightroom 2.7,epson 3880 driver v.6.6

Any thoughts or solutions would be appreciated as I am baffled.

Luca Ragogna

• PicFoundry
Re: Problem with lightroom and Epson 3880
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 04:19:46 pm »

My only thought is to check your page setup. Make sure the scale setting is at 100% and check the page size. If you're using a custom page size make sure the units didn't get changed and you're entering cm or mm when you mean to be entering inches. I've seen mine go screwy with the units like that before.

The other places to check are the "layout" palette and the "layout style" pallet. set layout style to "single image/contact sheet" and check the margins and cell size in the layout palette.

Other than that it might be time for a Lightroom update or reinstall.

good luck.

Chuckaug

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 11:59:22 pm »

I have checked on all the things you mentioned.
Reinstalled and upgraded to LR 3
Reinstalled epson 3880 driver and the problem persists
Tried printing on larger paper (8.5 x 11) and found that it printed a small 3x3 version of the image in one corner of the sheet despite my setting it up to print the image full size in the center. Once again all print settings were double checked.
Still prints fine from photoshop

Any other thoughts?

Chuck

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 09:55:27 am »

I've encountered the same problem and as I recall it's a glitch in the page set up.  When you are in the LR print module, click on the page setup button and make sure that the paper size and choice of printing (landscape/portrait) are what you want.  Double check this when you hit the print button to make sure that there is no conflict.  I'm pretty sure that's how I resolved this problem.  Funny thing is once I've created a print template, the problem never occurs.  Anyway, to the best of my recollection, that is how I solve this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up