Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profoto or ?  (Read 7394 times)

douvidl

Re: Profoto or ?
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 10:19:50 am »

tlooknbill
Thanks for response.  I truly don't understand.  My experience was just the opposite.
David
PS
Are you from Florida?

Tim Lookingbill

Re: Profoto or ?
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 12:46:25 pm »

The only thing I an assume is that when you chose ProPhotoRGB and thusly automatically setting everything to native gamma and color temperature with luminance not specified, that your native color temperature must take on a much bluer and brighter appearance.

Not sure, just have to ask when you choose this profile as a target does your screen immediately change in color cast? Mine does because its native color temp is quite off due to my display being 7 years old. Yours, I'm assuming being newer, is probably not as greenish yellow and either slightly cooler/warmer or more neutral.

A positive aspect for myself in this discussion is I just figured out how to get a null (straight black diagonal line) RGB curve to show up in my i1Match calibration assessment graph by choosing a canned ICC profile such as the ProPhotoRGB. I could never get i1Match to produce this using any other setting and I've been trying for years.

David, why did you ask if I was from Florida? Have you met any other Lookingbill's there. I have a son named David who once lived there. But to answer your question, no, I've never been to Florida.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up