Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Former army bunker  (Read 6103 times)

popnfresh

Re: Former army bunker
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2011, 03:33:15 am »

Stamper, you are a senior member and I am just a 'newbie' so I am happy to be guided by you on this matter (to some extent  ;) )

The "Senior Member" label has nothing to do with expertise or creative genius. It simply means that that person has been a member of the LL forum for a certain length of time. If Cartier-Bresson were still alive and joined today he'd be a "newbie" too.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 03:38:11 am »

The "Senior Member" label has nothing to do with expertise or creative genius. It simply means that that person has been a member of the LL forum for a certain length of time. If Cartier-Bresson were still alive and joined today he'd be a "newbie" too.
It doesn't have even that significance: it indicates only someone who, like me, hits the "Reply" button very readily. The Gold Star is awarded after, I think, 200 posts.

Jeremy

stamper

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 03:39:32 am »

Kenlip if you think that I have been cruel to a poster then just wait to popnfresh gets to grips with one of your images. You will think you have been through the wringer. ;) ;D

stamper

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 03:41:42 am »

It doesn't have even that significance: it indicates only someone who, like me, hits the "Reply" button very readily. The Gold Star is awarded after, I think, 200 posts.

Jeremy

I think his/hers comment had more than a hint of sarcasm in it rather than an accurate reflection of my posting status? :-X

popnfresh

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 03:45:18 am »

Kenlip if you think that I have been cruel to a poster then just wait to popnfresh gets to grips with one of your images. You will think you have been through the wringer. ;) ;D
I fancy myself more of meat grinder, actually.

popnfresh

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 03:46:32 am »

Jeremy
So presumably Cartier-Bresson could be a member for 10 years and never advance beyond newbie level if he only made 10 posts a year?  ;D  ;D  ;D

stamper

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 04:27:45 am »

So presumably Cartier-Bresson could be a member for 10 years and never advance beyond newbie level if he only made 10 posts a year?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Hmm .....here was me thinking he was dead. ;)

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 06:39:20 am »

Rob C

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 04:20:36 pm »

The first shot could be interesting, the second one not very much (IMO).

If anyone here has been reading the thread elsewhere that touched upon the connotative (this is exciting: it could be a neologism! Nope, I checked, and it's not. Damn; there goes posterity) values and differences between simulacra such as, say, Route 66 and the M25, Jim Beam and Haig, then the where of the dump becomes paramount. If you can clone in a couple of back-to-front swasticas, convince me that it isn't India, then you are onto something.

It's just like portraits of celebs: they are always better than greater ones of lesser mortals.

Invent a provenance; happens all the time in art.

Rob C

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2011, 03:20:19 am »

No, he'd have earned the privilege of "senior member" description after only two decades, and quite right too. What could he possibly have contributed to erudite and technical discussions about megapixel resolution?

Jeremy

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 03:27:16 am »

In my experience, Senior Member can relate to the ability to have Senior Moments. Something that I am quite capable of.

Cheers,
Tom Brown

Rob C

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 05:36:57 am »

In my experience, Senior Member can relate to the ability to have Senior Moments. Something that I am quite capable of.

Cheers,

It's an integral part of our charm.

Rob C
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up