Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hp Z3200 PS  (Read 1593 times)

exposestudios

Hp Z3200 PS
« on: March 13, 2011, 09:56:04 pm »

Hello all,
I recently placed an order for the HP Z3200 PS from the USA (Atlex) as a few other members of this forum have.  Is there anything wrong with this printer?  I thought it was a smoking deal at $2400, but now I see B&H selling them for under $1900.  Not to mention that the 24 inch version is more expensive.  Is there something about the HP Z3200 PS 44 inch model that has tanked its selling price?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

deanwork

Re: Hp Z3200 PS
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 12:25:15 am »

Smells like they may be about to release something new, ... but haven't heard anything.
 Could be they are desperately trying to counter the Canon onslaught.

john

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 04:52:14 am »

Let us be positive, the recent discovery that the latest Z3200 firmware has a greyed out "suction" entry could indicate something new around the corner. At $1900 a Z3200-PS is of course a steal even if there is a new model in the pipeline.  An automated spectrometer is more expensive. I always wonder why they have bargains like that in the US and never here. 1700 Euro including VAT is what my calculator says, 7700 Euro is what Preisroboter says of Germany's cheapest source.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

New: Spectral plots of +250 inkjet papers:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:35:48 am by Ernst Dinkla »

buckshot

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 05:03:07 am »

I would buy one in a heartbeat, even at $2400. It's a great printer from the output I've seen. Sure, there may be a new version around the corner - that's the way the business is - but that doesn't mean there was anything wrong with the old one.

Unfortunately in Canada we're still being asked to pay **choking sound** $6k + tax for the 44".

exposestudios

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 08:19:17 am »

Thanks for the replies folks.  I'm relieved to see that no one has posted any problems with the printer.  When your forced to buy from the USA, its always unsettling.  The Z3200 arrives tomorrow, I got my fingers crossed.  I'll actually get the unit before the HP dealer in Mississauga could even get a demo machine to show me a test print.  Does anyone know why we continually get hosed on electronics in Canada?

buckshot

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 08:25:37 am »

Thanks for the replies folks.  I'm relieved to see that no one has posted any problems with the printer.  When your forced to buy from the USA, its always unsettling.  The Z3200 arrives tomorrow, I got my fingers crossed.  I'll actually get the unit before the HP dealer in Mississauga could even get a demo machine to show me a test print.  Does anyone know why we continually get hosed on electronics in Canada?

I emailed atlex a few weeks back to see if they'd deliver to Toronto - but never got a reply. If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge to ship to Mississauga? B & H want something like $600 for air freight (they don't offer ground shipping on it unfortunately).

exposestudios

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 08:48:00 am »

I had Atlex ship it to the UPS freight location in Tonawanda (about 10 min's from the UPS on Military Niagara, US).  I'll pick it up from there with a van and if all go's well there shouldn't be any shipping fees at all except for a holding fee from UPS, a few bucks.  If your going to do this, make sure you ship it to the UPS Freight location and not the Store outlet, as the outlet will not receive shipments of this size.  You should have gave me a heads up, we could have a done a two for one trip, LOL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up