Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom: sorting scans by creation date  (Read 1280 times)

dsakols

Lightroom: sorting scans by creation date
« on: March 12, 2011, 03:18:38 pm »

Hi,

I have a folder (with subfolders) that contain lots of DSC images.  I have some slide scans that I want to be grouped with other DSC images of the same time/date.  I cannot get LR 2 to allow me to group my scans with the DSC image files.  I hoped to edit the scan image meta data with the same date/time to group them together, but I don't see a field to enter creation date as I see for the DSC images.  is there a way  I get images that came from a scanner, to group with DSC images?

thanks

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Lightroom: sorting scans by creation date
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 04:01:40 pm »

In Lightroom's Library module bottom toolbar (press T if you can't see it), there's a 'Sort' option.  Within those options are capture time and edit time.  Depending on the metadata you have for your scans, you could group them by time.  Within the Grid view you can also click and drag individual images around to change the sort order:  NB: if you're looking at a parent folder and you have Library set to show images from subfolders, you can't click and drag images in subfolders from within the parent folder.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

dsakols

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 08:00:41 pm »

I do have nested folders so I cant' just move images around in the grid view.  The meta data from the scanner does not indicate a capture time/date.  Is there a way to key that in anyway, so the image can sort into position with its "brethren" that are time date sorted?

kevk

• Kevin Kucks Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 12:22:04 am »

I also have lots of scanned images in LR... In the LIbrary view I can just click on an image and use the menu option "Metadata > Edit Capture Time". Is this what you want?

Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up