Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7880 Snow Leopard  (Read 1163 times)

kipkat

Epson 7880 Snow Leopard
« on: March 12, 2011, 10:10:06 am »

I seem to be a bit late to the party. Snow Leopard upgrade ( 10.6.6 ) has resulted in my 7880 prints being too dark. Can't seem to find any discussions more recent than Oct. '11. Anybody out there in the same boat? I have the latest drivers - at least according to Epson - and would be happy to upgrade to CS5 ( currently CS3 ) but only if there is good evidence it would help. Sorta desperate here, have orders unfulfilled.

francois

Re: Epson 7880 Snow Leopard
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 05:51:12 am »

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 05:53:28 am by francois »
Francois

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 06:10:46 pm »

Have you read Andrew Rodney's essay: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/why_are_my_prints_too_dark.shtml

HTH
OP seems to imply this a new problem after an upgrade, not the normal why are my prints too dark problem.

As to Snow Leopard, if the change is after the upgrade, there may be some old stuff laying around in your system folder, or you may have allowed system update to install the drivers supplied through Apple (probably not a good idea).  My best recommendation is to thoroughly clean out your old printer stuff.  Steps are
here if you want to give that a try.

Honestly though CS3 could easily be your problem ... I haven't tried CS3 with SL.  I do know that I've printed to nearly every Epson printer out there with SL and CS5, with no real issues.

plui

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 09:15:43 pm »

There is also some detailed info on Joseph Holmes' site re OS X SL, CS3,4,5 and Epson

http://www.josephholmes.com/news-photoshopCS5printing.html

kipkat

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 10:37:41 am »

First, and most important, the system is back to normal and I have people like you guys to thank. I am not completely sure of what happened but the steps I took were:

1- Erase and restore the iMac's OS starting with the original discs and upgrading to 10.6.6 with no 'extras' added.

2- Installed trial Psd. CS5

3- Installed latest driver, firmware and updater from Epson.

I still have a ton of Epson drivers in the Print & Fax preferences and I had to go through two 7880 drivers before I found the right one.

Thanks again, I am very relieved. I happily spent all of Sunday morning printing and fulfilling orders. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up