Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please tell how they do this!  (Read 1566 times)

once2work

• paulfan.com
Please tell how they do this!
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:38:53 pm »

I saw this picture in this website (http://lightgardenacademy.com/) and they sell the DVD but while I checking how they mail or would it be a download, never get any reply (send mail twice).

Can anyone please tell me how to achieve the brownish look with some color remain, the contrast, as well the sharpening?

Thank you in advance!

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Please tell how they do this!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:48:34 pm »

Can anyone please tell me how to achieve the brownish look with some color remain, the contrast, as well the sharpening?

Pretty standard reduced dynamic range techniques (think Highlights/Shadows localized adjustments and then color toning). What, exactly do you want to know?

once2work

• paulfan.com
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 12:03:06 am »

Pretty standard reduced dynamic range techniques (think Highlights/Shadows localized adjustments and then color toning). What, exactly do you want to know?
Hi Jeef,
Thank you for your prompt advice, would you please give me some like step-by-step process advice. Thank you!

howardm

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 08:28:19 am »

the specific step-by-step in any image isn't as important as understanding the image manipulation toolbox that IS Photoshop.  If you dont have an understanding of adjustment layers and their masks or what tools generate certain effects, you're really not going to get anywhere.  After that, it boils down to an artistic vision for the image, playing around, and 'what if I try ..... on this image'.  And really, only the artist knows for 100% sure what the step-by-step is.

It might be shadows/highlights, dodge/burn, Hue/Sat adj, double raw processing, luminosity masking or a number of other techniques.  Did you notice that the sky is *different*?  The artist appears to have used a different sky from a different image from the looks of things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up