Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canson Infinity Papers (17"x25" sheets)  (Read 1883 times)

Ed Vatza

Canson Infinity Papers (17"x25" sheets)
« on: March 11, 2011, 08:01:51 pm »

I recently made a comment on Canson Infinity's Facebook page in which I asked about the possibility of Canson offering their excellent fine art photo papers in a 17"x25" cut sheet size. I use their Baryta Photographique for my black and white prints and their Arches Aquarelle watercolor paper for certain color prints and really love both papers. Let me say right now that I have absolutely no skin in this game except for the fact that I use and really like these two papers. I am a fan, nothing more.

Anyway they responded and said: "Ed, Thank you for that great input. The Baryta Paper comes in a 17x22", and in rolls. As for the Arches Aquarelle 310 we do offer those in larger cut sheets. However, your input is important to us and we will investigate this 17x25" size. If anyone else is looking for this size please let us know. (bold and italics mine) Thank you!"

If you use Canson papers, if you would like to see someone else offer 17"x25" cut sheets for those 16"x24" prints, visit their Facebook page and let them know by leaving a comment. The following is a direct link to the post - http://www.facebook.com/CansonInfinity/posts/207862305891318.

Thanks.

Ed Vatza
Ed Vatza Photography
www.edvatza.com

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
Re: Canson Infinity Papers (17"x25" sheets)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 07:14:20 am »

Ed,
Does the printer you have accept rolls? If not the explaination below is the reason to have one.
I would love sheets for everything too but print off of rolls for 95% of my printing.
I carry 1 size sheet 8 1/2" x 11" for about a dozen different papers and then go straight to 17" and 24" rolls for everything above that.
From 17" rolls you can get any size from 11x14,11x17,12x18,13x19,17x22,17x25 and everthing in between. 17" rolls and a good cutter and you now offer a dozen different sizes from 1 roll.
It really is different strokes for different folks in this business as you may print one or two sizes and I do 20. So the roll thing may not be up your alley.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 08:47:11 am »

Dan, the issue of 17x25 paper is important for those of us with Epson 3880 printers who want to print at the native image size of 2x3.  With the exception of a couple of smaller vendors, most suppliers to the US market only sell 17x22.  I've thought about buying a roll and cutting sheets to size with my Rotatrim but that seems like a hassle and of course I would need to get the cut perfect to avoid a skew read by the sensor.  I can't justify an upgrade to the 4900 at this point since my 3880 works fine.  Obviously if I did have a roll printer I wouldn't care as I could print to that size with ease.

howardm

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 07:36:25 am »

I dont have her email address right now but the woman to talk to @ Canson in the US is Tiffany Marcy @ Canson in Hadley, Massachusetts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up