Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 12 2 Gallery  (Read 1547 times)

Ed Vatza

12 2 Gallery
« on: March 11, 2011, 07:10:47 am »

Because I had so much fun  :o with "Cell Block 12" and to also show there are no hard feelings on my part, I'm back with another pair of images -  the first in color and the second sepia & selective color.

I am truly interested in your comments and preference.

Regards,

Ed

Ed Vatza Photography
www.edvatza.com

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Re: 12 2 Gallery
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 08:25:11 am »

Hi Ed,

Nicely seen, but I am not sure if I am supposed to be looking at the contents of the images, or the effects applied to the images, if you know what I mean. The wall with the plaster falling off for instance around the edge of the images, draws my eye and my attention (because of how you have PP'ed it I think), rather than the central subject of the images, which is what I assume you were actually photographing.

IMHO and for what it is worth, I would have stood back a little and framed the Gallery box within the frame, say about a quarter of the final frame and towards top left and included more of the interesting wall with the plaster falling off, and also with a tad less processing.

So in brief and for me at least, the edges of the images have become more interesting than the subject of the image - again, if you know what I mean.

Photobloke.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:28:45 am by photobloke »

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 04:14:13 am »

I would have tried to shot this from the front of the box, and try to make int perfectly straight; or play with the composition, and add more of the wall. I like your intentions with the post-processing, but perhaps it is a bit too strong for my tastes.

Just my two cents.

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 04:38:19 am »

Ed

The picture baffles my eye. The way that the pictures have been processed have made it very "flat", I see no depth from the front of the open window to the detail in the wall at the back. That is what confuses my eye and causes a bit of "discomfort".

If that was your intention - then you have succeeded.
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens
Pages: [1]   Go Up