Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macbook Pro doesn't recognize high speed CF card. Is it a joke???  (Read 2988 times)

haring

• http://www.haringphotography.com

I have a brand new Macbook pro. Three weeks old. I have tried to download my photos from my Extreme Pro 90MB/s Sandisk card but the computer doesn't recognize the USB reader. If I change the card and I put a cheap CF card the computer reads it without any problem. I have tried with both 8GB and 16GB CF cards. My pc and my older mac reads the high speed CF card but not the latest MacBook Pro.
I am wedding photographer and I use professional grade high speed CF cards. I think it is a big joke if the Macbook "PRO" wouldn't read professional grade Cf cards.

I have tried everything. The macbook pro only likes the cheap cf cards. I guess the macbook is not really a "PRO"!

I bought the computer for destination weddings to back up and view photos after the wedding day but so far it is totally useless for me!!!

What's going on??? HELP!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:17:44 pm by haring »

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: Macbook Pro doesn't recognize high speed CF card. Is it a joke???
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 10:35:20 pm »

I have a brand new Macbook pro. Three weeks old. I have tried to download my photos from my Extreme Pro 90MB/s Sandisk card but the computer doesn't recognize the USB reader. If I change the card and I put a cheap CF card the computer reads it without any problem. I have tried with both 8GB and 16GB CF cards. My pc and my older mac reads the high speed CF card but not the latest MacBook Pro.
I am wedding photographer and I use professional grade high speed CF cards. I think it is a big joke if the Macbook "PRO" wouldn't read professional grade Cf cards.

I have tried everything. The macbook pro only likes the cheap cf cards. I guess the macbook is not really a "PRO"!

I bought the computer for destination weddings to back up and view photos after the wedding day but so far it is totally useless for me!!!

What's going on??? HELP!

I had massive usb problems on a new macbook pro, seems the same vintage as yours.  The only solution I found was to return it and buy the newly released version which works fine.

I hope you can solve your problems or can still return and exchange.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 03:16:10 pm by Craig Lamson »
Craig Lamson Photo

RobSaecker

• robsaecker.com
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 01:45:47 pm »

Have you asked Apple?
Rob
photo blog - http://robsaecker.com

mediumcool

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 01:26:21 am »

Have you tried another card reader? Not all readers obey the OHCI rules; and there’s UHCI too. Don’t blame the MBP unless and until you’ve exhausted all avenues of testing.

I have used other people’s card readers to be greeted with a notification that the ‘disk could not be read by this Macintosh’ (words to that effect).
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool
Pages: [1]   Go Up