Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hung up snowshoes...  (Read 1575 times)

Patricia Sheley

Hung up snowshoes...
« on: March 09, 2011, 07:11:27 pm »

Pulled on the waders and rock cleats...Snow and ice finally releasing their grip!
A common woman~

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Hung up snowshoes...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 01:34:52 am »

I don't see no snowshoes hung up in there anywhere!   >:(

Okay, just kidding... nicely done!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 02:22:52 am »

Thanks Mike. It has been thunderous runoff all week with the thaws and   rains. I've come home wet and cold every night but with some nice working material. I really try to avoid high iso's but these waters could easily carry off rail cars let alone my snowshoes with me attached. The overcast afternoons and early evenings have helped to keep some definition in the swift waters. I think I will have a nice group from this week at rivers and falls

These events arrive like freight trains and are too soon gone...glad to share them
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:02:19 am by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 06:05:22 pm »

OT, Patricia, but in my life as a biologist type person I've invested more than a few hours with a pair of chest waders and a fast flowing stream.  My coworkers and I joked about it more than once, but if someone slipped and fell in the waders would fill up so quickly and the 4 deg C water would slow them down enough that they'd never come out again.  Fortunately, that never happened on my watch!  ;)

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up