Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - Epson 3880 printing on an angle  (Read 2313 times)

mcdmtt

Help - Epson 3880 printing on an angle
« on: March 08, 2011, 10:17:55 am »

Does anyone have any idea how to fix the 3880 alignment. All of my prints were fine and then last night, after I got the red paper light on one print, all of my prints started coming out on an angle. There is a .3 to .4 inch different in the boarders from top to bottom and side to side.

I control my borders by laying the image out on a 17 x 22 white background in photoshop. But the borders look perfect on screen.

I have now wasted 4 sheets of 17 x 22 expensive paper. Any one have any thoughts. I ran a test on 11 x 17 plain paper with another image and it came out straight.

Losing my mind!

Lisa Nikodym

• http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lisa_pictures/lisa_pictures.html
Re: Help - Epson 3880 printing on an angle
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 12:03:08 pm »

My 3800 started doing this after several years of use.  Despite trying to talk with Epson about it via email for awhile, I was never able to get any better information than "take it to an Epson repair center".

Instead, I replaced it with a 3880, and it was doing the same thing from day one when I used the auto sheet feeder.  I studied the problem, and noticed that the moving paper guide on the right hand side of the paper (it moves just before and after printing to help align the paper properly) was partially stuck, and not moving properly.  (I still had the 3800 sitting around so I could compare what the guide should have been doing; it might not have been easy to see the problem otherwise.)  Since it was under warranty, I called the Epson Pro-model-line technical assistance number (a brochure with it came with the printer), and they sent me a replacement printer in exchange.

It sounds like yours had some sudden mechanical problem along the same lines.  I don't think there's any way to fix it yourself.  (With my 3800, I asked repeatedly whether there was something in the printer I could adjust myself, and never got any direct answer on the subject.)  You may need to call Epson or get it repaired.  Hopefully it's still under warranty...

Lisa

[url=http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lis

mshea

Re: Help - Epson 3880 printing on an angle
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 05:16:44 pm »

Which sheet feeder are you using? I had the same problem when printing 13X19 sizes through the top auto feeder. Then I started using the manual rear feeder and, voila, straight as can be, even with 17X22s.

Merrill
Pages: [1]   Go Up