Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to stay at Grand Tetons National Park?  (Read 7194 times)

spotmeter

• http://www.photographica.us
Where to stay at Grand Tetons National Park?
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:04:38 pm »

I'm planning a two-week trip to Grand Tetons for late May, early June and would like some recommendations on places to stay.

I cook my own food and so prefer hotel or cabin with kitchenette.  I would also like to bring my dog, a very well-behaved lab.

Nick Rains

• http://www.nickrains.com
Re: Where to stay at Grand Tetons National Park?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 10:09:57 pm »

I'm planning a two-week trip to Grand Tetons for late May, early June and would like some recommendations on places to stay.

I cook my own food and so prefer hotel or cabin with kitchenette.  I would also like to bring my dog, a very well-behaved lab.
There are some self contained cabins in Moose, right by the river. Can't remember the name but I found them excellent. Don't know about the pup...
Nick Rains
Australian Photographer Leica

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 01:25:04 pm »

Try looking on www.vrbo.com. I've had very good luck finding rental properties through there near (or in!) national parks.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 11:42:03 am »

I stayed at the Best Western  outside of Jackson Hole.   about a 30-40 drive to Oxbow from there.  This worked ok for me.  Best be at Oxbow  well (I mean well) before sunrise  (if during peak seaso)  I got there about 40 minutes before sunrise and there were 38 tripods already set up.    One has to wonder just how unique your shot is going to be?

b2martin

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 10:51:12 am »

We stay in Luton's Teton Cabins, but pets are not allowed.  Cabins are located 35 miles north of Jackson, about 3 or 4 miles north of the Moran entrance to the Grand Teton Park.  Already have reservations in late June. 

http://www.tetoncabins.com/

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 12:10:31 pm »

Hi,

I stayed at Colter Bay Cabins. Rustical and OK, but absoltely no luxury. Close to Oxbow Bend.

Best regards
Erik

Erik Kaffehr

spreeg

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 06:21:14 pm »

The bad news is that Jackson Hole is not pet friendly.  There were only two places I could find that allowed dogs to stay there, you couldn't leave them in the hotel while you went to eat or anything, and most places were a little bit nasty about it.  Also note that you won't be allowed to bring your dog on any trails or anywhere off the main road or parking lots inside the park.  In general dogs are not allowed on trails in any of the US national parks.  The good news is that many of the national parks, including Tetons, has national forest right "across the road" that you can take your dog on.  I think it really stinks that dogs aren't allowed at national parks, but that's the way it is.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 11:03:22 pm »

... I think it really stinks that dogs aren't allowed at national parks...

Imagine how it would stink if they were they allowed ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up