Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arca RL3d vs. Linhof Techno  (Read 1844 times)

photorockies

Arca RL3d vs. Linhof Techno
« on: March 04, 2011, 04:55:55 pm »

Has anyone used an Arca RL3d or Linhof Techno.  I was wondering if the Linhof can focus accurately enough for digital backs.  Also, how does one use 4x5 film with the Arca?  Do you have to buy a different back or can film holders be inserted in the camera just out of the box.  Also, with the Arca, do you prefer focusing with the electronic device or using the ground glass? 

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
Re: Arca RL3d vs. Linhof Techno
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 11:01:37 am »

The Techno was designed to be used with digital backs, at least thats what Linhof say and I heared from photographers it is very usable with digital backs.
You won't be able to use 4x5" film on the techno, but 6x9 cm rollfilm is possible.

NROCH

• http://www.rochowski.net
Re: Arca RL3d vs. Linhof Techno
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 11:43:19 am »

Has anyone used an Arca RL3d or Linhof Techno.  I was wondering if the Linhof can focus accurately enough for digital backs.  Also, how does one use 4x5 film with the Arca?  Do you have to buy a different back or can film holders be inserted in the camera just out of the box.  Also, with the Arca, do you prefer focusing with the electronic device or using the ground glass? 

I use an RL3D with a leica Disto D5. I don't use the ground glass to focus in anyway, but I do use to compose sometimes or I use the viewfinder.

Not quite sure how the film adapter works other than it takes a graflock back. I imagine it needs to be in an Arca fitted mount to attach to the camera.

N
Pages: [1]   Go Up