Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LACMA  (Read 8746 times)

Rob C

Re: LACMA
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 05:00:06 am »

Well this poor devil does not mind the input of other photographers on my work. I even posted a while a go a B/W photo and I invited the forum to play with it in its original color version. But I see why some people would be worried that a doctored or converted shot of theirs would ended up in another site as someone else's original shot.

Or, make it look even worse and still have it masquerade under the author's name when it (the image) has been raped.

I believe written comment is okay because, obviously, it's been asked for by dint of the images being posted in such a space.

It reminds me of the idea somebody had that they might be able to teach your steady girlfriend the finer points of necking; all for your greater benefit, of course...

I don't think so; but thanks, all the same.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 05:02:23 am »

I think John's comment about hi-jacking was meant for stamper and Rob, not you. Me think.

It's a Glasgow thing, Slobodan; you have to know the city to understand it (the feeling).

;-)

Rob C

fredjeang

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 06:44:52 am »

Thanks, you mean the horizontal perspective?
The verticals more than horizontals.

Cheers.

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 11:19:24 am »

The verticals more than horizontals.

Cheers.
Ok, pulling the image forward a bit since it was photographed for a lower angle? Does it really improved the perspective? Keeping with my view of alterations I would not mind if you show me exactly what you mean  :) Would you use free transform and the recrop?

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2011, 11:20:54 am »

It's a Glasgow thing, Slobodan; you have to know the city to understand it (the feeling).

;-)

Rob C
I gues Rob because this one I did not get :)

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 12:03:06 pm »

Fred has analysed the problem correctly. When I shoot an architectural shot with my 'Blad and its fixed WA lenses, I always leave a bit of extra cropping room around the subject, so that I can correct the converging verticals in software and have room for the inevitable crop. This one is just too tight for that.

John
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 12:34:30 pm »

Where is Russ when a thread needs him?  :)

For a change, I would have agreed with him on this one: just leave it alone, it is nice as it is. Do not over-conceptualize, over-intelectualize and over-perfect it.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 02:16:25 pm »

Sorry, Slobodan. I've been waiting to see how absurd the whole thing could get.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 02:29:30 pm »

...It reminds me of the idea somebody had that they might be able to teach your steady girlfriend the finer points of necking; all for your greater benefit, of course...

Rob, I find it interesting that you treat your photos like they are your girlfriends. Perhaps a new addition to the long list of fetishes is in order?* ;)

On second thought, your photos are of girls, if not girlfriends, so you might be right after all.

* A note to the sarcasm police: this is intended as a friendly teasing, not caustic, malevolent sarcasm

Rob C

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 04:59:07 pm »

Rob, I find it interesting that you treat your photos like they are your girlfriends. Perhaps a new addition to the long list of fetishes is in order?* ;)

On second thought, your photos are of girls, if not girlfriends, so you might be right after all.

* A note to the sarcasm police: this is intended as a friendly teasing, not caustic, malevolent sarcasm

Yes, it's a problem, Slobodan; even the many I dump (images) are still discarded with regret. I suppose that when something attracts you enough to be worth a click, it's sad when you're proven mistaken, even if only by yourself. But then, maybe we should all be our own sternest critics. I think that's probably what lies behind my disapproval of the whole 'critique' ethic: it's your opinion that counts most. Unless it's commercial work, and even then, if you're good enough, it should still be your call. Some clients see it like that, others don't.

Rob C
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up