Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Banned from the apple store"  (Read 6371 times)

jalcocer

"Banned from the apple store"
« on: March 01, 2011, 08:33:55 pm »

Was reading a regular blog I visit (http://www.klein2.de/2011/03/01/blacklisted-at-the-apple-store/#more-1739) and found out that this guy got banned for purchasing in the apple store, it appears globally. This guy is kind of demmanding when it comes to hardware behavior and everything, but I still think it is an exageration on the part of the apple store.

Do you know someone that's in the same situation? banned I mean.

On my behalf I don't, but this post kind of made me think about macs and windows.

thanks

tcphoto1

• http://www.tonyclarkphoto.com
Re: "Banned from the apple store"
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 01:10:57 pm »

I am guessing that he is young and has too much time and money on his hands. Most people do a little research before buying a relatively high ticket item and his account, he freaked out over the smallest speedbump in setting his new machine up. Then, packaged it back up and wanted to start over again with the next machine up the latter. There comes a point when you've got to stop bending over backwards because he will keep going until he burns through half a dozen new machines. Apple seems to have made a couple attempts to humor him and he eventually crossed the line. If I had such a client, I would allow them a little space and then raise my rates enough to either justify the effort or price them out of my services.   

jalcocer

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 03:34:15 pm »

:) you are right, here in Mexico he wouldn't stand a chance, it is sooooo hard to return something to a store, generally after you open something if it is running ok you are doomed.

He seems to know what he does, and to know a lot about computers (worked in cisco i think) but either way, i think he really bended it too much, so he finally broke it.

PierreVandevenne

• http://www.datarescue.com/life
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 08:37:01 am »

If you look at the comments, you'll see how an idiotic pita this guy has been. Buying and returning the same monitor twice, first because it was too big, then because it gave him headaches.... At that rate, why not claim a refund from wedding photographers after a divorce?

jalcocer

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 09:49:12 am »

It's a good guy, but I think he has an obsession with returning things that don't work as he wants, guess he just have too much high expectations about the things he buy. I'm a picky person, but he is way over the top.

Maybe at the bottom he is not really comfortable with macs, or maybe he just don't know what he really wants or is really really impulsive. Maybe all of those. :)

jalcocer

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 04:08:57 pm »

Update from Dennis (the guy I was talking about). He went for another macbook from amazon, he said that he is banned for purchasing from apple store's, and amazon is a reseller, so there you go, the guy found a way around. I know he is really good with computers and that he knows a lot, but I still think he over reacted. He says the new macbook i7 13" has an incredibly noisy fan, has anyone heard something about this?

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 02:23:03 am »

I applaud Apple for banning him.  I am sure that it is not easy for a manager to ban a customer from a store.  Apple is better off not having this guy as a customer.  Buying the same monitor twice: returning it the first time because it was too big, buying it the second time (I guess he was hoping that his desk space had expanded magically) and returning it because it gave him a headache.  So, I guess the Apple store returned him (the customer) by banning him because he was giving the store employees a headache. 

Can you imagine having someone like this as your wife or husband?  How about going out to eat with him in a restaurant?
Pages: [1]   Go Up