Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost my user print templates ?!  (Read 2704 times)

stever

Lost my user print templates ?!
« on: February 27, 2011, 06:53:52 pm »

LR 3, i start to print some proofs in a new catalog and no user templates, go back to other catalogs where i've printed from my user templates - not there?!

pindman

Re: Lost my user print templates ?!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 07:38:45 pm »

;D
I just figured this out! In your previous catalog folder you will find a folder " lightroom settings"  You can either past the entire folder, or open this folder and find the templates folder and paste this.  Or you can open this and find the individual templates and paste each.

Hope this helps.  I'm using a PC, but it should be similar on a Mac.

Paul

jmwscot

• http://www.johnwoodphotowork.com
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 08:26:50 am »

Your Print Templates, along with all your other presets etc, are in Application Support. The path is Macintosh HD/user/library/application support/adobe/lightroom/print templates. However if you have just created a new catalogue on the same computer they should all be there.

If your catalogue is on a different computer the file lightroom is the one you would copy to the new computer.

Hope this helps.

John

stever

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 02:52:06 pm »

when i Export as Catalog the settings aren't being exported - this seems to be a relatively recent problem

jmwscot

• http://www.johnwoodphotowork.com
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 08:30:26 am »

Are you creating a new catalogue to use in a different computer? If so you will need to copy your Lightroom folder in application support to your new computer. In Mac the path is: Macintosh HD/user/library/application support/adobe/lightroom. This contains all your presets etc. In Windows I believe the path is: C: > User > username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Lightroom.

John

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 08:49:12 am »

There's also a preference - Preferences > Presets > Store Presets with Catalog.

I don't recommend ticking because I've never seen a good use for the preference, and because it can cause problems like this. Maybe you had ticked it, then deleted the catalogue folder or the presets stored there.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up