Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPad As A Photog's Peripheral  (Read 8403 times)

adam_j

Re: iPad As A Photog's Peripheral
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 06:20:59 am »

These are all cool options, I've been using photosmith for a while now and it's pretty cool.  Has some limitations that I don't like but it seems like the developers are working on those so it'll be good to see that program progress.  It's not the fastest either maybe the iPad 2 would speed things up more than I think but I'm going to hold off for the iPad 3/4 to see if I can get some real speed gains  :)

sandymc

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 07:19:27 am »

It's not the fastest either maybe the iPad 2 would speed things up more than I think but I'm going to hold off for the iPad 3/4 to see if I can get some real speed gains  :)

Don't know about Photosmith, but the latest version of PhotoRaw, which is iPad 2 optimized, is 2-3 times faster on the iPad 2. Not just because of the dual processor, but also because the iPad 2 has twice as much memory, which is really useful for raw conversions. The iPad 2 optimized version of PhotoRaw Lite, the free version, isn't out yet, but should be available round about the end of the week.

Sandy

Ette

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 10:00:44 am »

I use the iPad2 as a second monitor for my client. I shoot tethered H4D to my assistants iMac. We then sync the iPad so the client does not have to peer of the shoulder of my assist.

Works a treat
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up