Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best time to goto Iceland ?  (Read 25780 times)

EgillBjarki

Re: Best time to goto Iceland ?
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 07:45:00 am »

I was born in Iceland, but currently live in Denmark, I really feel that anytime a year is good for visiting Iceland. I went to Iceland one summer and I got all blue sky and sunshine the whole trip, I was hoping for a more moody dramatic scene and was not very happy with my photographs. After a second look, I am very happy with them(the last photos) . Iceland during the winter is magical, but its sometimes tough to be creative when you are cold.

So my advice is go when you feel like it, anytime a year is good time for photographers.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:39:29 am by EgillBjarki »

Hassyman

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 11:57:56 am »

Great moody winter images Egill!  Yes, you are right, on Iceland you want anything but clear blue skies. I was so inspired by the Iceland images by Hans Strand so I decided to join his workshop in August. I hope we get the right moods then. Here is one image by Hans which I really like: http://www.hansstrand.com/Hans_Strand/Landmannalaugar_3.html I like the complexity and the interaction between foreground and background and of course the moody light.

llcopperworth

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 06:51:30 am »

I was born in Iceland, but currently live in Denmark, I really feel that anytime a year is good for visiting Iceland. I went to Iceland one summer and I got all blue sky and sunshine the whole trip, I was hoping for a more moody dramatic scene and was not very happy with my photographs. After a second look, I am very happy with them. Iceland during the winter is magical, but its sometimes tough to be creative when you are cold.

So my advice is go when you feel like it, anytime a year is good time for photographers.

You have some great photographs there. Iceland is a place I would love to visit and it is good to know, that it is highly recommended to visit at any time of year (volcanoes permitting)
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. - Mark Twain

Johnphoto

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 02:01:09 pm »

Yes, Iceland seems to be the hot destination at the moment. This even without the steaming hot springs. A trip there is on my wishing list. Maybe next year?

Hassyman

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 12:57:04 pm »

I was informed today that members of the Luminous-Landscape Forum will get 10% discount on the Iceland workshop with Hans Strand.
www.better-moments.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up