Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Was buying the NEC PA27 a mistake???  (Read 4058 times)

angioman

Was buying the NEC PA27 a mistake???
« on: February 25, 2011, 08:32:41 pm »

Hello,

I just purchased the NEC NEPA27 monitor for my MacPro workstation (delivering Monday). I researched (perhaps not enough) a number of reviews, and this display fit my needs as far as size, color space, and price range. I use my Quad Core 2.93 Xeon with ATI Radeon HD 4870 for photo development with PS CS5, LR3, AP3, and output to an epson 3880. Finally upgrading from a ACD 23 monitor.

While researching the proper cables I'd need, I came across a number of posts citing inability to run the monitor via mini display port as 10 bit. When I spoke with tech support at NEC, they said I would have no problem, as long as I used the monoprice 5714 adaptor. From recent posts on adobe, LL,  an apple forums, it sounds like this may still not work.

Any suggestions? Will running the monitor as 8 bit with DVI connector be a noticeable drop in resolution and color space? My goal is to achieve a better calibrated system for print output on the epson.

Thanks,
Kurt

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: Was buying the NEC PA27 a mistake???
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 09:31:46 pm »

Just ignore it - so or so it won't work in any important photo editing software, OS-X doesn't support it at all, and the difference is very small in photographic applications.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Peter McLennan

Re: Was buying the NEC PA27 a mistake???
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 12:13:58 am »

I had nothing but trouble with this monitor and Display Port in 10 bit mode in W7. I gave up. 

The images on the screen are lovely and I have much more visible control with Photoshop with this display.  Overall, I'm happy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up