Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9900 Black Ink Switch  (Read 1247 times)

Garnick

9900 Black Ink Switch
« on: February 24, 2011, 05:47:49 pm »

I know this issue has been covered, but I can't seem to find much information in the archives going back to Oct.2010. I seem to remember something about making the switch in service mode to avoid an auto cleaning cycle when the next print or nozzle check is initiated. I thought I had kept that info but can't find it now. I believe that procedure had been adopted by several users with some success. Since my service call back in November for serious clogging issues I have had very few problems and one pairs cleaning usually puts things straight again. I'm now a happy camper except when I have to do the K switch. The printer inevitably invokes a complete cleaning cycle before printing, after which there are always several colors with nozzle problems. Granted, they are normally cleared much more efficiently than before the service call, but I'd like to find a procedure that would shut down the auto clean cycle after a K switch and give me full control of the process. Let me make the decision about the necessity of a full cleaning instead of being captive to the machine.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: 9900 Black Ink Switch
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 02:53:39 pm »

To start the printer in service mode, hold the right, down and center buttons down simultaneously and press power.  I've never really tried to figure out how long to hold them down, I just wait.  You can tell you are in service mode by bringing up the menu ... you will see a much different set of menus.  Once the printer is started in service mode, you can press the ink change button.  The printer shouldn't initiate an auto nozzle check afterwards.  (You may need to disable auto nozzle checking in the regular menus first, I'm not sure).

You can't send a nozzle check pattern while in service mode, but you can print normally, so you can send on from the computer.  If there are clogs, the cleaning options in service mode allow some additional control, with CL-1 being a very minor clean using very little ink.

ghaynes754

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 09:58:33 pm »

YOu can do a nozzle check from the computer and the Epson printer program.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 04:36:56 am »

YOu can do a nozzle check from the computer and the Epson printer program.
Yes, I should have mentioned that ... my message implies you can't, but you just can't do it from the printer menu.  My bad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up