Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lightroom back-ups  (Read 1419 times)

chappy

lightroom back-ups
« on: February 23, 2011, 01:55:29 pm »

When importing images into lightroom, I always back them up with a duplicate copy on a separate hard drive. After editing my imports in Lightroom I will more than likely have several images to delete for various reasons.  Now my primary disk of images will contain those images I chose
to keep, but my assumption is that my back up disk with duplicate images will still contain all the rejected images as well. How do I, or can I, get my back-up images to match what I have kept on my primary disk?  Thanks 

aduke

Re: lightroom back-ups
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 02:04:51 pm »

I delete the import back-up images after the catalog and lightroom-aware images have been processed by my computer back-up program. The import back-up images retain the original file name and I rename most images during the import process. That means that, if the lightroom image happened to disappear, I would have to re-import and re-process instead of simply restoring the lightroom image. Luckily, that is rarely necessary. :)

Alan

chappy

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 02:17:38 pm »

Thanks

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 03:48:54 pm »

And as an addendum, rule #1 : never ever delete anything on a backup. It's intended for the opposite (unless it's not a backup ;) ).
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery
Pages: [1]   Go Up