Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Levelling an Image?  (Read 1601 times)

PBC

• http://www.philcorley.com
Levelling an Image?
« on: February 23, 2011, 07:35:29 am »

I wonder if there is a difference or not between levelling an image using the Crop & Straighten, Angle facility and the Lens Correction, Manual, Rotate facility?

I have in the past used Crop & Straighten then Angle, but missed the ability to be able to zoom in for a closer look at the horizons in my images. Trying the Rotate option in Lens Correction, I find I can zoom in which makes things easier.

Are these basically the same end results, or are they technically doing different things?

Thanks

Phil

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Levelling an Image?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 01:13:59 am »

Not being able to zoom into 100% in the crop window was an old complaint of mine.  So, now when I need to zoom in I use the rotate tool in the lens adjustments.  Works fine for me...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

PBC

• http://www.philcorley.com
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 06:30:43 am »

Thanks Mike; I assume there is no difference in the end result - no hidden technical magic that means one option is better than the other?

Phil

David Hufford

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 08:32:29 am »

I have heard/read a few times (if I am not mistaken on Lulu's LR3 tutorial and for certain in Martin Evening's LR3 book) that the two are not the same. Martin Evening wrote that you should "mainly use the straighten tool" as the rotate tool rotates the transform adjustment. I have done it both ways and have not been able to see any difference, but I try to stay with the regular straighten tool to be safe.
*Never fall in love with anything that c
Pages: [1]   Go Up