Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji X100  (Read 25188 times)

schrodingerscat

Re: Fuji X100
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2011, 02:49:57 pm »

Had a bad day?

Why on earth would you find unfortunate that somebody else buy a camera that you find irrelevant?

Cheers,
Bernard

Probably because other people do not have the wisdom to agree with them. Hubris seems to be the new world pandemic.

As people have mentioned this camera to me recently, thought I'd check it out. My guess that the main reason it has generated such a pavlovian abhorrence, flying spittle and all,  is that it looks like a Leica, the mere mention of which engenders apoplexy in many. As it seems to be the camera that a lot of folks have been clambering for over the last few years, my guess is that the main problem is it wasn't produced by one of the two main religions.

Fuji makes fine cameras, always has. To give credit where credit is due, not only did they develop their own sensors, but an entirely new technology that produces very nice images. They are an odd company tho. Owners are pretty much stuck with sending repairs to the mother ship. They do not support independent , authorized or not, repair facilites. I know an authorized tech who cannot get parts or manuals for anything. He finally gave up and schlepps everything off to fuji.

Luckily I live in a dogma free zone.

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 02:14:52 pm »

I happened to be home when B&H sent out their "available for pre-order" emails.. lucky me.

Can't wait. .
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2011, 07:44:00 am »

Steve, I hope you don't have to wait too long since Fuji has stopped production of the X100. The plant was damaged in the earthquake/tsunami. Since they had previously announced delays it looks like the camera will be scarce for quite a while.

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2011, 08:25:44 am »

Steve, I hope you don't have to wait too long since Fuji has stopped production of the X100. The plant was damaged in the earthquake/tsunami. Since they had previously announced delays it looks like the camera will be scarce for quite a while.
B&H 'usually' only takes preorders to account for that they know is in the pipeline and scheduled to arrive.  I hope that's the case this time as they've already charged my credit card which they specifically said they wouldn't do until it's shipped!

But I'd agree, if I manage to get my hands on one, and it's not DOA, it will be one of the first shipped and the second shipment will be sometime in arriving..
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

JBerardi

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2011, 06:15:40 pm »

Just too expensive, like almost double the price that it should be.

Ebay begs to differ.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up