Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: double Z3200 problem?  (Read 1094 times)

Bas Stekelenburg

• http://
double Z3200 problem?
« on: February 17, 2011, 12:02:49 pm »

I have a returning problem with my HP Z3200 – Win7/64  Lightroom 3 combination; in fact two problems.

Problem one: I tell the print setup module in LR to print WITH a preview. I also choose NO gloss enhancer. However, it starts printing without a preview and with gloss enhancer. The colors are wrong; red becomes magenta.
It is not with ALL files, only the important ones...
Problem two: I MUST print without gloss enhancer because it is not transparent, but light gray. Slowly it gets lighter but the gray overlay does not disappear. I have seen similar problems on the forum, but I have no idea what goes on here: I changed the print head (HP sent a new one under guaranty), problem not solved. HP changed the machine, after unsuccessful repair, same problem. They said it might be the computer / software. I build a new computer, upgraded LR2 to LR3, same problem.
When I export the same file to PS CS5, without any altering and give a print command with the same settings as in LR, everything works fine, except for the gloss enhancer -- it keeps printing a gray overlay. But at least I can switch the gloss enhancer off now!

What can I do, besides getting a job as a house cleaner?
Any help on one or all problems would really be appreciated.

Bas Stekelenburg

Ernst Dinkla

Re: double Z3200 problem?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 03:18:42 pm »

One of the problems with the Z drivers is that settings do not stick. It is wise to make a default with printer preferences that at least has the most common print settings you will use. The other step is to make print shortcuts in the driver, they usually stick better too than ad hoc settings. I used to have issues like that but they are not that common anymore.

The gloss enhancer is quite clear on my Z3100-Z3200 printers. When used I can see the difference between an uncoated area and coated area but that is more a combination of a very slight shift in texture, gloss, color, tone, Way more subtle than "light grey". You have used the normal profiles as delivered by HP and used calibration + profiling of the printer itself? I do not use Lightroom, any chance you have a color management conflict for one reason or another?

Preview seems a problem for more Z users but I never use it so can not comment on it. The print page preview + softproof of Qimage is what I use.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

New: Spectral plots of +250 inkjet papers:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Up