Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BC Canvox  (Read 1980 times)

kenben

BC Canvox
« on: February 17, 2011, 09:45:48 am »

I just watched the BC video on the Canvox system and I am interested in the backing they use.What is it called and where would you obtain it.Also has anyone tried it and what are the pros and cons.

gaffdinner

Re: BC Canvox
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 11:30:18 am »

I just used it and love the concept....however I found the adhesive would not hold the canvas wrap around edges down flat and also on the front all edges of the canvas seems to lifting up....I used a 3m self adhesive spray and this made the canvas stick down on the backside I should have sprayed the front as well.....I also think it may be because of the canvas I use (epson exhibition satin canvas)...this is very thick and stiff and cannot wrap all that well around the thin mounting board...I will try it again with self adhesive spray throughout and comment later.....otherwise the print looks great in the frame and displays well......they also have a pavox which is for paper prints ...this should work very well as there is no wrapping ...cheers

Luca Ragogna

• PicFoundry
Re: BC Canvox
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 11:11:39 am »

On the Canvox page they say it's MDF. I think the trick to their system is the frame. I think you could do the same thing by glueing canvas to a piece of masonite with Miracle Muck or whatever and mounting in a float frame. It might end up costing more in the end and won't be as convenient but it should look similar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up