Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200 44" Pricing  (Read 13514 times)

EvoM

Re: HP Z3200 44" Pricing
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 09:15:54 pm »

Hi Brad, yeah would be nice but I think unlikely these days! The 44" is on a pallet and is very heavy.
I used to work for a TV station and when we flew There were always excess baggage costs but I wasn't paying!

I am flying to the US next week and may look into freight options whilst there but my old Z3100 44 is still fine so no real need.

Evo

an iPad 2 is on the cards though!

jtmiller

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 12:52:16 pm »

Anyone know if this is a precursor to a new model intro?

Or just a market share food fight?

The lack of competitive tradein as in previous food fights makes me think the former.

Jim
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:54:21 pm by jtmiller »

exposestudios

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 09:10:40 pm »

I just picked up my Z3200 PS 44" unit yesterday from UPS freight in Buffalo.  I purchased through Atlex and had no problems.  In a few hours I was printing 20x24 prints that were amazing.  The Atlex deal is for real, trust me.
Does anyone have any recommendations for photo paper?  I tested Epson lustre and HP satin, I like the Epson feel, but there are so many papers to choose from.  My primary use is photo printing, so I'm looking to emulate traditional lab prints.  The Epson lustre is very close.  Is there a better paper for the Z3200?
Thanks,
Dan   

EvoM

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 09:32:19 pm »

Great Dan, well done on such a bargain! What did it end up costing if you don't mind?

We do lots of portraits too and we use 36" HP ID Premium Satin or Everyday Satin as the HP papers are way cheaper for us here in Australia. Don't like the HP watermark on the back though. Does the Epson Lustre have a watermark? We put gloss enhancer on the whole sheets too to help reduce bronzing etc.

Evo

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 12:29:38 am »

Oh man I'm jealous of you guys getting this killer deal!!!  You are going to LOVE the printers!!

I HIGHLY recommend the Pro Satin paper, it's very lovely for color work.  I love the ILFORD GALERIE GOLD FIBRE SILK for B&W too!

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 04:53:11 am »

The HP Prof. Satin Photo RC shows some aging issues compared to other RC papers. Check Aardenburg's results. So far I have printed on HP ID Premium qualities that print well and I expect the Everyday types act similar. All with less FBA in the coating than Prof Satin has. But with logos printed on the back.

Canon has an RC paper, Canon Heavyweight Satin Photographic Paper 300gsm, that scores extremely well in Aardenburg's tests but I do not know how it behaves with HP inks + gloss enhnacer. No idea whether it has logos at the back. With that name I can not get it in Europe, here it could have another name.

I did recieve the Epson Proofing White SemiMatte. still have to test it. The RC paper with no FBA aboard but good white reflectance. Epson logos in very light grey, hardly visible on the backside.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

New: Spectral plots of +250 inkjet papers:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:55:23 am by Ernst Dinkla »

exposestudios

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 08:52:27 am »

Evo,
The Z3200 cost me $2400+tax US, shipping was free. The Epson lustre does have a faint watermark.  There is supplier in Toronto called CCBC, I think they might have a variety of papers to offer.

jtmiller

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 08:36:53 am »

Does anyone know if this is an inventory clearance sale in preparation for a new model?

We've long planned to upgrade to a Z3200 44" once my daughter finishes grad school which happens this May. Her B9180 is on its last legs.

But I'd rather get her a new model rather than a closeout.

Thanks

Jim

abiggs

• http://www.andybiggs.com
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 09:43:02 pm »

It is my understanding that there is not another model coming out. The price is just crazy awesome, I have to say.
Andy Biggs
[url=http://www.andybiggs.com

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 11:09:06 pm »

This sounds as if HP may have produced too many of these printers relative to the market and they are trying to slim the inventory by holding a sale in the USA, which is not being extended to Canada. I have no idea - just a hypothesis based on what I'm reading here. For the sake of current owners and prospective buyers I hope it is not that they are planning to vacate this market segment. I haven't heard any such rumours, but when you see massive sales, you want to know why - and excess inventory is the most usual culprit.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

davidby

• Shared Vision Photography
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 10:37:21 am »

I bought mine from Atlex two weeks ago for $2149 delivered, and it arrived two days after order. I wasn't even in the market for a 44" printer at the time, but who could resist?

Roscolo

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 03:59:41 pm »

So far I have printed on HP ID Premium qualities that print well and I expect the Everyday types act similar. All with less FBA in the coating than Prof Satin has. But with logos printed on the back.

I bought a couple of 42" rolls of HP Prem ID Satin that had no logos printed on the back and was hoping HP had gotten a clue and this was a permanent improvement. Did they go back to printing the HP logo on the back?

Roscolo

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2011, 05:18:09 pm »

Those prices went back up about today by about $500. Hope everyone who wanted a z3200 got the deal!

jtmiller

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2011, 06:00:01 pm »

I wonder why not back to list price?

Jim

a77

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 08:16:52 pm »

Ouch, pricing is way up now.

Anyone know of another source for a good price on the z3200?

Thanks!

deanwork

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2011, 11:01:00 am »

I've been using the HP Pro Satin for years and the weight, surface, and gamut is perfect for this printer.

However, as you can easily see on the Aardenburg fade test results with samples some of us submitted, that the white paper base is using some kind of oba that is not holding up very well.

So, after I got my Canon I started using the Canon Heavyweight Satin and I really love this paper and the fade tests show it holding up quite well. Its slightly heavier than the HP Pro Satin. It has a nice base color to it, not the strange cyan color of the HP ID Satin. And, like Pro Satin it doesn't have the logo on the back.

It has a texture similar to the old Kodak N surface, which is very slightly textured but not that horrible pebbly texture of Epson Luster. The gaumt and sharpness are great.

Definitely try this one out. Its a quality paper for the price.  The only downside it they make it in 42" rolls. Why? You got me. That makes no sense whatsoever but I live with it.

john

The Epson lustre is very close.  Is there a better paper for the Z3200?
Thanks,
Dan   
[/quote]

KenBabcock

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2011, 05:04:46 pm »

Actually, Canon Heavyweight Satin is also available in 17", 24" 36" and 60" in addition to the 42".

deanwork

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2011, 02:43:54 pm »

Yes but not 44" which is what most of us use in this size printer. I still don't get what the point of making a 42" paper is? My silk comes in this size roll too and they just won't change despite everyone pleading with them to.

KenBabcock

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2011, 12:37:25 am »

I don't understand the 42" either.  But do you really need the extra 2"?  I mean, I don't think I print over 40".  I guess it all depends what you're doing though.

MHMG

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2011, 12:56:11 am »

The only downside it they make it in 42" rolls. Why? You got me. That makes no sense whatsoever but I live with it.

john

I think it is because 42 inches is exactly divisible by 8 inches, so you can cut seven 8 inch wide (by 10 inch long) prints across the width with no waste. In the U.S. 8x10 inch prints are a "standard enlargement size" for photo applications whereas the 44 inch roll width is divisible by 11 inches and thus related to graphic arts standard page sizes. Since Canon HWsatin is an RC photo type inkjet paper, the available roll sizes (16 inch, 36, and 42 inches) reflect the roll width usefulness for the intended photographic print market.

cheers,
Mark
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up