Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marquee settings? (For Content Aware)  (Read 1782 times)

lightstand

Marquee settings? (For Content Aware)
« on: February 10, 2011, 12:50:14 pm »

Got a question about the marque tool I imagine it's a no brainer however I can't seem to figure it out.

Let's say I'm working on a blank blue sky removing dust spots, if I select the dust spot with the marque tool (I've tried different feathering settings) when I do a content aware fill it blends out the dust spot but I'm left with a slight but noticeable defined darker patch that mimics the marque shape.

If I grab the patch tool and quickly manually create a circle around the dust spot and do a content aware fill everything blends away nicely.

What setting am I missing in setting up the marque tool to work nice with content aware fill?

Thanks for any suggests, jeff

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Marquee settings? (For Content Aware)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 01:07:14 pm »

Got a question about the marque tool I imagine it's a no brainer however I can't seem to figure it out.

Let's say I'm working on a blank blue sky removing dust spots, if I select the dust spot with the marque tool (I've tried different feathering settings) when I do a content aware fill it blends out the dust spot but I'm left with a slight but noticeable defined darker patch that mimics the marque shape.

If I grab the patch tool and quickly manually create a circle around the dust spot and do a content aware fill everything blends away nicely.

What setting am I missing in setting up the marque tool to work nice with content aware fill?

Thanks for any suggests, jeff

I recommend using the spot healing brush for removing dust spots in the sky. Much easier, much better.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

sniper

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 05:34:33 pm »

I got courious and tried this, oddly the feather makes it worse, no feather and you can hardly see the content aware fill.  I argree with above though that the healing brush is a better bet for dust spots.

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 02:44:45 pm »

I agree for small spots the healing brush is best. For larger areas I use the polygonal lasso tool and make a random irregular surround and use content aware fill. No feathering. Works OK for me.
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up