Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Storing custom crop ratios?  (Read 7883 times)

JohnTodd

Storing custom crop ratios?
« on: February 08, 2011, 02:40:57 pm »

Is there a way to store my favourite cropping ratios in ACR, so that they appear in the drop-down? I didn't find anything on Adobe's support site.

Thanks in advance.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Storing custom crop ratios?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 02:53:36 pm »

Store custom crops in ACR, no...in Lightroom yes. One of the few usability differences between the apps. Other than the default ratios, what ratios are you lacking?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 02:57:01 pm »

If I am not mistaken, Lightroom (and I assume ACR) does not provide for a permanent list of user-created cropping ratios. Instead, it allows you to create a custom crop ratio on the fly and remembers the last five used, i.e., there would be a drop-down menu of the last five user-created custom crop ratios.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 03:17:19 pm »

Lightroom does allow for storing custom crops...ACR does not. The only limitation with Lightroom's stored custom crops is you can't easily rename or delete them, but you can store them.

JohnTodd

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 03:27:28 pm »

I'd like to store 13x19, 19x13, 8.5x11, 11x8.5, for ease of use. I can't speak for Lightroom, but both C1 and Aperture both allow stored custom ratios; if they didn't have it, I probably wouldn't miss it in ACR :-) Thanks, both, for the input.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 04:09:11 am »

Lightroom does allow for storing custom crops...ACR does not. The only limitation with Lightroom's stored custom crops is you can't easily rename or delete them, but you can store them.
"easily". Does that mean that they can be renamed? This is something I've wanted for a while.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up