Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Villahermosa, Mexico - Suggestions for Landscape Photography ?  (Read 1801 times)

Marlyn

Villahermosa, Mexico - Suggestions for Landscape Photography ?
« on: February 07, 2011, 01:30:07 pm »

Hi All,

I'm stuck in Villahermosa, Mexico fro the next 3 weeks for work, and looking for suggestions for Landscape and Nature photography in the area.   I can get a car if needed.

Already been out to Palenque once,  but might go there again.

Is the Yumka wildlife park worthwhile ?   Any other suggestions ?

Note: I shoot primarily the natural world,  large landscapes etc.     http://www.mark.farnan.com  (Website needs work tho)

Regards

Mark.

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
Re: Villahermosa, Mexico - Suggestions for Landscape Photography ?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 08:44:23 pm »

I grew up and lived there for many years. Yumká may be worth going. It's not far, is just next to the airport.
My usual shoots were all around the state. (not big) On the way to Palenque there's a place called Agua Blanca. It's a small pretty waterfall that you reach doing a short detour. Pantanos de Centla is a big area where you can find interesting small villages, lots of lagoons and rivers. You can possibly talk to locals and rent a motor boat (lancha) by the hour. Try going to Tapijulápa and Oxolotán where the prairies meet the sierra at the border with Chiapas. In Tapijulápa you can rent a lancha to go to Villa Luz. Nice boat ride to a place where there are an incredible jungle, caves and waterfalls. Don't miss it!
In Villahermosa, try La Venta museum. It's an all open park where you can photograph animals and some archaeology. Go downtown in the daytime if you want to photograph people. Don't go on sundays. Empty.
If you are for a treat, rent a car to go to Selva Negra. It's only 2 hours from Villahermosa going south. You'll first reach Teapa and Pichucalco. There, the highway starts climbing the mountains. Before you notice, you'll be in another different eco system. The views if weather helps are breathtaking.
It's been 15 years since I moved to Yucatán, so, I may be a little out if tune. If you wish, I may introduced you to one or two photographer friends in the Facebook for you to meet and talk about it.
Don't forget your repelent, talk fees in advance, exercise common sense and be alert. I would advise you to travel with someone if possible. Have fun.
Visit my website to see some samples of my work done in Tabasco.
Best
www.eduardocervantes.com

Hi All,

I'm stuck in Villahermosa, Mexico fro the next 3 weeks for work, and looking for suggestions for Landscape and Nature photography in the area.   I can get a car if needed.

Already been out to Palenque once,  but might go there again.

Is the Yumka wildlife park worthwhile ?   Any other suggestions ?

Note: I shoot primarily the natural world,  large landscapes etc.     http://www.mark.farnan.com  (Website needs work tho)

Regards

Mark.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:58:36 pm by uaiomex »
Pages: [1]   Go Up