Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printer??'  (Read 1415 times)

djgarcia

• http://improbablystructuredlayers.net
Printer??'
« on: February 28, 2005, 06:43:28 pm »

A few months ago I replaced my Kodak 8500 dye sub with a Canon i9900. Not only does the Canon do 13x19, but the color is at least as good and it has somewhat better resolution. It is also somewhat faster and a LOT cheaper media-wise. I can't say about archival qualities though.
Over-Equipped Snapshooter - EOS 1dsII &

Jonathan Ratzlaff

Printer??'
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 12:05:46 am »

If the results from a Kodak 8500 are any example, the C-84 is far better than the kodak or probably any other dye sub for that matter.  They are good when you want an image that looks like a photographic print is concerned and quality is not your primary goal.  They have a tendancy to bloom when printing from bright into dark and they are not that economical considering that you use an 8x10 sheet every time you print.  so much for test prints.
You cannot use other papers either, its the printer manufacturer's special paper or nothing.

bugman

Printer??'
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 03:38:10 am »

Hi I`m using Epson C84 and want to buy something better. . .thinking about Epson R800, but Olympus camedia P-440 looks nice to me. Can you tell me which one do better job Ink-jet or dye-sub?
Thanks

bugman

Printer??'
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 01:58:13 pm »

Thanks  :)
By
Pages: [1]   Go Up