Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need 9600 Main Board  (Read 1071 times)

deanwork

Need 9600 Main Board
« on: February 06, 2011, 03:53:02 pm »

I blew my main board on a 9600 in cleaning out the units heads and dampers. I'm using it for carbon sepia K7. Something got wet and any tiny surge in voltage will blow the board if you start it up while something is still damp.

Does anyone have an old 9600 around that you would sell me the board from?

It is really easy to remove, just remove the black cover and unscrew it and pull out all the ribbon cables.

The real advantage of a used board is not having to go through all the headache of reinitializing the parameters on everything and loading firmware to it. A used board is really the only way to go. There must be a lot of 9600s out there junked with bad heads and good boards. But it is hard to find one.

John

Doombrain

Re: Need 9600 Main Board
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:14:13 am »

you'll need a new head and head driver board as well.

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 09:24:22 pm »

John:
If you are tempted to buy a used mainboard on eBay, be careful. I was a victim of fraud from some vendor with "good rep". He may or he may not be in eBay anymore.
If you are thinking about it, you better check out my story, posted here 2 years ago. Let me know to provide you the link.
Best
Eduardo

deanwork

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 09:20:02 am »

What, why hell would I need a new head?

Farmer

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 04:57:50 pm »

When you blow a mainboard it's possible to also blow a head and head driver board.  If they are blown and you put a new mainboard in, it may just blow right away.  The only safe option, unless you can test the head and the driver board electrically, is to replace all three components.

Doombrain's just trying to save you from killing a replacement mainboard.
Phil Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up