Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photographs of Alaska  (Read 3697 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Photographs of Alaska
« on: February 06, 2011, 01:24:18 pm »

You are invited to view my newest portfolio, Photographs of Alaska.

www.peteraitken.com, click The Photographs then Alaska.

All photos were taken with a Panasonic G2 and either the 14-42 or the 45-200 mm lens.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Photographs of Alaska
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 05:26:01 pm »

Some good shots. Your text doesn't highlight properly (it leaves black at the edges, probably due to the italicisation) and it would be nice if the arrow keys worked for navigation.

Jeremy

PeterAit

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 09:24:32 am »

You mean when you hover over a link? I don't see any black edges. As for the arrow keys, this is a LightRoom web gallery and I don't think that feature is available.

Thanks.

nsnowlin

• http://www.stunowlinimaging.com
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 11:15:57 am »

I really like your Alaska shots.  Lots of good composition & detail.  Tell the guy that is doing your web site that from your index page if you click on "home" you get his under construction page (and a plug for his services) rather than taking you back to your home page.  (See href=default.htm in the code).

Stu

PeterAit

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 12:19:24 pm »

Thanks for your comments. I just moved from a Windows to a Linux ISP and am dealing with case-sensitive file name issues!

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 03:43:01 am »

You mean when you hover over a link? I don't see any black edges. As for the arrow keys, this is a LightRoom web gallery and I don't think that feature is available.
Here are some examples of what I mean. OS 10.6, Safari.

Jeremy

PeterAit

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 08:24:38 am »

Thanks for sending the screen shots. This is really odd, I don't see it in either Firefox or Internet Explorer. What browser are you using?

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 10:21:21 am »

This is a very weird effect. I didn't notice it at all before, but examining the text that Jeremy highlighted I now see it, very faintly, in Opera on Vista.

The really weird thing is that the black bits appear only when I first hover the cursor over a text link. If I leave the cursor there and then change the screen magnification, up or down, (CTRL-Plus or CTRL-Minus), the black edges disappear. But then, when I go back to the previous magnification level, the black edges are no longer there!???!  ???

But then if I hover over a different text link, the black edge is there again, and disappears when magnification is changed.

Totally bizarre, but it does seem to have something to do with the way the italic is rendered when reversed. The cure? Take three aspirin and call me in the morning (when I will tell you just to ignore the problem).

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 02:46:56 am »

Thanks for sending the screen shots. This is really odd, I don't see it in either Firefox or Internet Explorer. What browser are you using?

I see you are using a table to format the page, and specify a width for each cell; but you are adjusting that value too much, and on some browsers the cell may not be wide enough to contain all the text. As the section contains a single column of centered text, specifying the width of each cell is unneeded; just remove that attribute and see if it works.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 03:47:17 am »

Safari. Interestingly, the effect persists (in reverse) when I leave the page by clicking on the link and return using the back button. Screenshot below.

Jeremy

PeterAit

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 09:04:24 am »

I wonder if that can be the problem, because the column the text is in is almost 3 times as wide as the widest text. But, I increased the width of that central column just in case that might help. Thanks!

ktmjose

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 08:04:15 pm »

I think the photos are very good. The web site is just fine on my computer, but Alaska is spelled incorrectly on the three pages of photographs.   

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 03:44:22 am »

I wonder if that can be the problem, because the column the text is in is almost 3 times as wide as the widest text. But, I increased the width of that central column just in case that might help. Thanks!
No change.

Jeremy

PeterAit

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 08:49:59 am »

Thank you! How embarrassing, to proofread something several times and have a big spelling error like this slip thru.

PeterAit

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 08:24:06 am »

Some friends verified that the black edge occurs with Safari and Opera. It must be a browser bug because there's nothing remotely non-standard in my HTML.
Pages: [1]   Go Up