Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1ds-white balance when using 81a or/and polarising  (Read 1894 times)

gurtch

1ds-white balance when using 81a or/and polarising
« on: February 10, 2004, 11:16:23 am »

I use a polarizer all the time and leave my cameras on "auto" white balance with no problems.
Dave G.

sergio

• http://www.sergiobartelsman.com
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 07:45:53 pm »

If you balance white with an 81A filter on it´s like if you never put it on. Polarizers are neutral though they affect the way colours are recorded. I use the polarizer but all the other temp.correction filters I now do in PS.
PS CS even has the presets for these filters making it faster, cheaper, better, and you can change your mind afterwards and redo them.

guybarron

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 10:46:55 am »

do i need to make any adjustments to white balance when using these filters? thx

jeffreybehr

• Happily retired accountant
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 03:40:05 pm »

I'm with Dave G.  I NEVER use anything but auto white balance with my 1Ds and use polarizers quite frequently.  

BTW, an 81A can be duplicated (perfectly, IMO) in Photoshop with about 5 points each red and yellow.  A 'B' takes about 10 points each, while a 'C' takes about 15 each.  Of course, your results and taste may vary.  These Photoshop 'warming filters' are ALWAYS optically perfect and perfectly clean, and you don't have to buy and carry them!  I believe PS 8/CS now has these kinds of filters automated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up