Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First photos with the 1D  (Read 1552 times)

Kellen

• Fujimoto Photography
First photos with the 1D
« on: February 02, 2011, 05:44:04 pm »

After much anticipation the 1D I ordered arrived a few days ago, here are some of the photos I've made with it so far. I'm looking forward to your thoughts :)

-Kellen

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: First photos with the 1D
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:18:24 pm »

Kellen, The landscape is just pretty, but the two guys on the mike are good. The spotlight really helped. Good shooting. Bravo!
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:20:48 pm »

After much anticipation the 1D I ordered arrived a few days ago, here are some of the photos I've made with it so far. I'm looking forward to your thoughts :)

The original 1D? I had a couple of those, great cameras. The files weren't too bad, but given the raw processing software available at the time, they required a lot of work to print well. Current raw software should do a significantly better job -- might have to go back and try that on some old files.

Have fun with it. Your photos look good.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

Kellen

• Fujimoto Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 07:41:30 pm »

Kellen, The landscape is just pretty, but the two guys on the mike are good. The spotlight really helped. Good shooting. Bravo!
Thanks! I'm still getting the hang of landscapes (not to mention it was shot from a moving bus  ;))

Kellen

• Fujimoto Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 07:42:25 pm »

The original 1D? I had a couple of those, great cameras. The files weren't too bad, but given the raw processing software available at the time, they required a lot of work to print well. Current raw software should do a significantly better job -- might have to go back and try that on some old files.

Have fun with it. Your photos look good.
They are a lot of fun :) I can see that happening, LR 3.3 did a good number on them though.

Thank you!

popnfresh

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 12:24:33 pm »

I agree that the two portraits are the winners here. The landscape composition is good, but the lighting is very flat and the whole thing looks washed out. 

Shooting landscapes, especially long shots like this, is tricky. You need to remember that your camera doesn't see nearly as well as you do.

Kellen

• Fujimoto Photography
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 07:03:53 am »

I agree that the two portraits are the winners here. The landscape composition is good, but the lighting is very flat and the whole thing looks washed out. 

Shooting landscapes, especially long shots like this, is tricky. You need to remember that your camera doesn't see nearly as well as you do.
Thank you for the feedback! :)

I'm definitely just starting out in landscape photography, I will file that away and keep it in mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up