Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: two different ways to set black- and whitepoint  (Read 32376 times)

MFRYE

Re: two different ways to set black- and whitepoint
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 05:21:46 pm »

From Schewe

>>But I have no problem with the current "Default" settings in ACR/LR...

Well I'd love to discuss these defaults, but I have to get to work, so it'll have to wait for another time. Again, I hope to meet you one day.

bjanes

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 08:47:47 pm »

Not sure.
Exposure in terms of linear scaling should not affect color saturation, at least not without further adjustments on the top.
But it does at times:

Peter

Peter,

You are correct. Hue twists in the newer generation of Adobe profiles have been widely discussed and there is even a tool for removing them. See this post and the referenced thread on the Adobe forum as well as a recent thread on LuLa. It would make sense to adjust luminance in a linear fashion before correcting color with look-up tables which introduce hue twists.

Regards,

Bill

Peter_DL

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 01:37:49 am »

You are correct. Hue twists in the newer generation of Adobe profiles have been widely discussed and there is even a tool for removing them. See this post and the referenced thread on the Adobe forum as well as a recent thread on LuLa. It would make sense to adjust luminance in a linear fashion before correcting color with look-up tables which introduce hue twists.

Regards,

Bill

Bill,

Yes, for this reason it was the baseline matrix profile which was used with the above example.

Regards, Peter

--
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:39:51 am by Peter_DL »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up