Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cyan on Paper white border.  (Read 802 times)

Mr. Capp

Cyan on Paper white border.
« on: February 02, 2011, 10:38:08 am »

I just really noticed this as a problem recently. I'm getting a light cast on the areas that should be white paper on the borders of my prints.
This is happening on a mac running 10.6.6 and CS5, happens in CS4 but not CS3, printing on a 3800. I did the relatively recent epson updates and even reinstalled
the driver but still happens in the two recent photoshops. It's not as prevalent on EEF but Canson papers and other 2nd and 3rd party papers display this more.
I've only found one post addressing this issue but no real solutions.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Cyan on Paper white border.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 01:46:56 am »

That's the classic symptom of using a version 4 ICC profile.

Did you make the profile yourself?  There is a setting that will create a version 2 profile in most software.

Mr. Capp

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 11:08:04 am »

Unfortunately they are all canned manufacturer profiles except for one that had even more cyan on the border.
It's weird that this doesn't happen in CS3. Leads me to believe it's a software problem.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 11:43:55 am »

It is an Apple/Adobe/Driver-Manufacturer software issue and has been discussed in many threads here and in the color management forum.

Just one of them:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=49613.0

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

New: Spectral plots of +230 inkjet papers:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 12:15:35 pm »

Unfortunately they are all canned manufacturer profiles except for one that had even more cyan on the border.
It's weird that this doesn't happen in CS3. Leads me to believe it's a software problem.

Who ever said the this is a version 4 profile only problem is mistaken.

What your seeing with the lighter cyan is from a V2 profile and the darker cyan is from a V4 profile.

This only happens with profiles created from certain software and it may be an Apple bug. But why profiles created from MonacoProfiler and EFI Color Profiler do not show this is still unclear. All apps printing with application manages color through Apple's new printing path will show this.

One way to get around this in PS is to create a paper size border and choose that paper size in the driver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up