Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aardenburg Imaging Site Now Free to Everyone  (Read 1906 times)

deanwork

Aardenburg Imaging Site Now Free to Everyone
« on: February 02, 2011, 09:36:09 am »

I just found out that the membership fee has been waved for everyone.

http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com/

I just noticed that the Ilford Gallerie Satin paper is holding up extremely well in regard to the whiteness of the paper base, when sprayed with the Hahnemuhle uv coating. In aprox 50 (Wilhelm type) years of exposure it hasn't changed at all. It is like 100%. This paper, like the Canson Baryta Photographique has some standard optical brighteners but they appear moderate and well protected with this coating or apparently uv glass.

John

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Aardenburg Imaging Site Now Free to Everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 11:03:58 am »

I just finally got around to subscribing a month ago. But I don't regret supporting them at all.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 11:18:30 am »

We all need to support Mark's work on print permanency.  He runs things on the barest of budgets and there is still a lot of testing that needs to be done.

nilo

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:16:48 pm »

I just finally got around to subscribing a month ago. But I don't regret supporting them at all.

Eric

Same here. Just paid last week, but when you look at "Funding Goals and Progress" you understand that there is a lot left to be done. I hope they'll get a lot more samples.

regards

TylerB

• my photography
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 02:06:12 pm »

I have t add another voice for supporting Mark, in any way. Very important and "unaligned" work.
Tyler

Damir

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 04:58:46 pm »

I tried to subscribe several times but it always refuse my Paypal payment for some reason, therefore I am glad it is opened to everyone!

sm906

• thomas hintze fotografie
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 05:08:35 pm »

John,

thanks a lot for sharing this info.

Thomas
nature-architecture-panorama-fineart
Web hintze-photo.com | YT youtube.com/c/rawakademie

deanwork

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 06:36:36 pm »

Yes Mark is one committed individual in this area. For at least 12 years I have prayed for someone to do the kind of testing he is doing now.
If I were in any position to do so I'd send him a big fat check for his tenacity alone!

Like many of us in this economy he has had to struggle with high standards but with low levels of income coming in.

What Aardenburg Imaging needs now is some corporate sponsors to step up to the plate and help out. You know, museums, high-end galleries, educational institutions and 3rd party media companies, all of which have a stake in this kind of research.

If any of you guys can think of such an institution/individual that might be interested in helping him out please send them an email and at the very least make them aware of his efforts. I'm going to do the same. When you are not being supported by global corporations its a rough road to even make the work known.

Unlike most of the imaging companies in our line of work, he is not a sales guru but a scientist. And, he needs our support any way we can provide it over this next year.

John

Light Seeker

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 07:20:15 pm »

Mark has done an incredible job, not only pulling all of this together, but also in developing a testing methodology and set of metrics that makes a lot of real world sense. Even thought membership is now free, I plan to contribute (at least) the equivalent amount to help keep this moving forward.

Terry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up