Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Projector Recommendations  (Read 5844 times)

Adele

Projector Recommendations
« on: February 01, 2011, 08:07:38 pm »

First time projector buyer here, and would appreciate recommendations on brand/model and also where to look for further info.  I've looked at some informational sites but they seem to be geared more for HDTV type uses. 

Projector will hooked up to my MacBook Pro, and will initially be used to show me demonstrating Lightroom on the screen.  Will also be used for slide shows and multimedia presentations (put together with Final Cut).  Size of audience probably no more than 20/30.  I'd anticipate the largest screen image to be no more than about 7 feet.  Would prefer to spend under $1,000.  Portability essential.

All assistance much appreciated.  Thanks!  Adele

Farmer

Re: Projector Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 08:55:31 pm »

What do you call portable?  What's portable for one person isn't necessarily for another.  Do you want widescreen (16:9 aspect) or are you happy with 4:3?

How important is colour fidelity and resolution?

For really good portability, widescreen with reasonable resolution and reasonable colour, you could look at something like:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=V11H362020&BV_UseBVCookie=yes

That's just in your specified price range, although street price may be less.

If you have specific requirements, though, I'm sure some more suggestions can be made.
Phil Brown

Adele

Re: Projector Recommendations
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 09:12:30 pm »

Thanks, Phil.  The B&H price is now $869.95.  I will read up on that model and look at the specs.  I'd like reasonable color and resolution (of course I really want excellent - but am not ready to pay for it!).  That Epson 1770 line is about 3.7 lbs, which is good.  I do use wheels because of a bad shoulder, but still would like to keep the weight down as I will have my laptop and other materials with me.    Right now the widescreen is not all that important, but I suspect that it would be best to get a widescreen to make sure I have the flexibility.  If a movie is in widescreen, can it play on a 4:3 projector?  Many thanks for your assistance, Adele
Pages: [1]   Go Up