Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad with IQ80  (Read 1630 times)

Ernie

Hasselblad with IQ80
« on: January 28, 2011, 03:55:34 pm »

After reading Mark Dubovoy's article re: focusing medium format cameras with large digital backs (like the new  IQ80 ) I am wondering if there is any point in considering in mating an IQ80 to a manual Hasselblad?  And what about the "old" lenses (60mm filter size) will they be adequate?  Or is this all just a waste of money?

darylgo

Re: Hasselblad with IQ80
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 08:40:41 pm »

Prior to purchase of any digital back I would want to try it with the body I own.  My experience has been mostly good but it's hit or miss with focusing systems matching the focusing plane of the mounted back.  In addition, how good is your eye at discerning proper focus if everything else is perfect?  Live view will solve this issue, but raises others: will live view be viewable in bright daylight?  Will 3 fps be enough or are we going to struggle to see such slow changes on a screen?     

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
Re: Hasselblad with IQ80
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 09:27:39 pm »

Well, with my AFDIII heading off to Japan on a second visit on Monday... in that camera focus can be by three methods; AF, MF focus confirmation light and MF using focus screen, each of which I am unable to adjust myself or have adjusted locally. Thus... perhaps the V-series focus screens with four adjustable screws makes more sense??

Regards
Anders
Pages: [1]   Go Up