Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cone Studio Type 5 Paper  (Read 1907 times)

Mr. Capp

Cone Studio Type 5 Paper
« on: January 27, 2011, 03:45:44 pm »

I recently read about Type 5 paper and ordered a sample pack.
Hearing such good things it seems like just what i'm looking for.
I asked if there was a color profile for this paper for my Epson 3800 and K3 inks but heard no reply.
I figure this paper is made specifically for Piezography? I read other people had used this for general non-Piez printing
but does anyone have a profile? Is there another paper profile that would come close?
I look forward to finding a rag with a smooth surface such as the Type 5 but if it's unsupported then oh well.
Tried all the others just exhausting the search before I settle for one or the other,
have already tried: Photo Rag Baryta, Platine and Silver Rag
anyone?
-Michael

Light Seeker

Re: Cone Studio Type 5 Paper
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 03:06:31 am »

I have a Type 5 profile for the 3800 that I can send you to try. PM your e-mail address to me.

This paper is my fiber based gloss paper of choice. Type 5 is warmer than Photo Rag Baryta, but very similar to Silver Rag. However, it is sharper than Silver Rag and IMO, it has a nicer, and a very elegant, surface texture. To me it is reminiscent of a nicely textured matte paper, but with the punch and dynamics of a fiber based gloss paper.

Most of my Type 5 paper is used for colour images, but I've also done glossy black and white Piezography prints using Cone's Selenium MPS inks.

Terry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up