Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900 photo print bad...help!  (Read 11375 times)

Farmer

Re: Epson 9900 photo print bad...help!
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2011, 05:56:16 pm »

The tech you spoke to is wrong.  At best it hasn't recognised and doesn't care because it's relying on the keying to prevent wrong cartridges - it most certainly has not reconfigured to use LLK from the LK channel.
Phil Brown

bhuddleston

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2011, 05:57:32 pm »

The tech you spoke to is wrong.  At best it hasn't recognised and doesn't care because it's relying on the keying to prevent wrong cartridges - it most certainly has not reconfigured to use LLK from the LK channel.

I agree with you, I wish I knew how to fix this thing without having to pay for them to come fix it, ugh.

fetish

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2011, 11:44:18 pm »

Have you tried letting printer manage color instead of letting photoshop handle the colors?
select PPGP170 and use color options on the printer, set to sRGB and gamma 1.8.

bhuddleston

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2011, 08:58:29 am »

Have you tried letting printer manage color instead of letting photoshop handle the colors?
select PPGP170 and use color options on the printer, set to sRGB and gamma 1.8.

Yes I have tried that a couple times actually. We are pretty sure now that the light light black is just still running in the light black tube.

fetish

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2011, 09:53:56 am »

sheesh. this has to be quite the screwup on epson's part.

if it's not an ink batch problem, you might want to get the whole thing replaced.

Farmer

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2011, 04:50:40 pm »

It sounds like the wrong ink was forced into the wrong slot and will now need to wait until that ink has been replaced in the lines/damper with the new ink before the problem is solved.
Phil Brown

bhuddleston

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2011, 04:54:58 pm »

It sounds like the wrong ink was forced into the wrong slot and will now need to wait until that ink has been replaced in the lines/damper with the new ink before the problem is solved.

I agree with exception of the forced part, all I did was put the cartridge in and it worked. Never gave me an error or anything like that, just an honest mistake. Someone from Epson called me today and said that the whole line will have to be cleaned and a new print head put in, etc....

I really think that once this wrong ink is run though and the correct comes in it will be okay, but that is my opinion, i would think that it would be giving me nozzle errors or something if it was really messed up. Of course I am not an Epson tech either but I also know that they want to make money off people that have no warranty too :)

Randy Carone

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2011, 05:49:24 pm »

This does not appear to be Epson's fault - other than clueless Tech Support staff - it is operator error. I believe when the wrong ink has been pushed out, things will be back to normal. If it was a strong color like Magenta or Cyan, you could have a more serious problem.
Randy Carone

bhuddleston

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2011, 05:52:44 pm »

This does not appear to be Epson's fault - other than clueless Tech Support staff - it is operator error. I believe when the wrong ink has been pushed out, things will be back to normal. If it was a strong color like Magenta or Cyan, you could have a more serious problem.

Thank you, yes it was totally my fault. I still think that the machine should tell you that you have the wrong cart and not accept it or something, isnt that what those chips on the carts are for?

Anyway I am going to run some more items with lots of "gray" tons and see if i can get it used up before I worry about paying an epson tech to come work on it :)

thanks

Farmer

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2011, 06:52:25 pm »

I agree with Randy.  There shouldn't be a need for the lines to be cleaned or the head replaced. 

I've seen a Pro 7800 that had one bank of ink lines reversed by a non-Epson technician doing maintenance.  Caused some very strange prints :-)  Once it was fixed and a couple of heavy cleans run it corrected and that had more variation than LK to LLK.
Phil Brown

fetish

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2011, 01:53:33 am »

it's really strange that the machine accepted a wrong cart.
my 11880 is so picky about the carts that it even spat out a half-used yellow cart once, halfway thru printing. had to get epson to come to my place and replace the ink cart and everything resumed working again.

bhuddleston

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2011, 09:02:42 am »

Anyone know what hex is closest to the light black?

bhuddleston

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2011, 10:13:32 am »

Well it seems like it is getting back to working order now. I have printed several runs of "gray" and this last set of photos look pretty good.

I cant tell you how much i appreciate everyone's thoughts and suggestions. This is a great forum.

Thanks again
Bobbie
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up