Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manual Flash with Minolta A2?  (Read 1304 times)

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
Manual Flash with Minolta A2?
« on: June 04, 2004, 09:48:45 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']A few weeks ago I posted a question asking if I could use a standard flash (from my 35mm slr) on a Minolta A2.

I got a responce saying yes I could.  I was told to use a sync cord into the "pc cord socket".

I am just going to order the camera and want to know if I have to order any type of special adapter.  Will the standard sync cord plug into the camer directly?  Minolta sells something called a "pc flash adapter".  Do I need this?

Thanks .... Mike [/font]
[font color=\'#000000\']Mike,

The A2 has a standard PC flash outlet, so a "normal" flash cable plugs into it.

Make sure you are aware that a standard flash will not mount in the weird Minolta flash shoe. You will need an off-camera (Stroboframe, etc.) flash  bracket.

Good luck!
Bob[/font]
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

mjc_2000

Manual Flash with Minolta A2?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 09:11:03 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']A few weeks ago I posted a question asking if I could use a standard flash (from my 35mm slr) on a Minolta A2.

I got a responce saying yes I could.  I was told to use a sync cord into the "pc cord socket".

I am just going to order the camera and want to know if I have to order any type of special adapter.  Will the standard sync cord plug into the camer directly?  Minolta sells something called a "pc flash adapter".  Do I need this?

Thanks .... Mike [/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up